★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Effect of Spouse Beating Your High Score

09-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Effect of Spouse Beating Your High Score

Anyone else find that they just have to play and beat the spouse's score?

My wife is not a "gamer," and will admit that she doesnt like to think when playing. Bejeweled classic is a perfect example of her thing. She does eventually get fairly good at the few games she focuses on, good enough to beat my high scores sometimes. She recently got 130 at flight control for example... not great in the scheme of things, but it beat my high score anyway. I now feel the urge to go land 140 planes even though I have largely not played FC in ages.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
09-25-2009, 10:42 AM
ha im sorry at first i thought this thread was a about getting a high score in spouse beating. but yeah i know what you mean thats why i dont let girls touch my stuff because when they find a game they are good at they just ruin my high score table. there are couple i cant clean up no matter how hard i try the scores read all "nitbver" except for the high score which is "chknm"(chickname)

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.
09-25-2009, 11:09 AM
my girlfriend beat my fieldfunners high score (which I thought was unbeatable).... This is without all the gay buying towers and selling them tricks... She played the game nonstop for like 2 weeks.

Games I'm Playing: Doom Classic, Red Conquest!, Battle for Wesnoth, Land Air Sea Warfare (my favorite rts, buy it today!)
09-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmist View Post
my girlfriend beat my fieldfunners high score (which I thought was unbeatable).... This is without all the gay buying towers and selling them tricks... She played the game nonstop for like 2 weeks.
My Twin (Not spouse, but a Girl) also is good @ doing tht, I am glad actually, tht way she plays & also lets me play
Earlier, she had this attitude of Games make people Mad & crap like tht, thanks to some local newspapers & articles

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys