★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New oregon Trail Update is Live

09-25-2009, 01:33 PM
New oregon Trail Update is Live

The update creates a new 'Extra hard' difficulty mode that cranks up the challenge by making pretty much everything else more trying. Just like in olden times.

Mini-games, food acquisition, and traveling will take a much higher toll on you, but most importantly, diseases will be more lethal. I think this will conjure up some nostalgic remembrances of the first time you contracted dysentery and your entire family perished.

It should significantly change the game for the better because in my opinion the original version was way too easy.

Thoughts? Critiques? Things you would like to know about the update, answered by Gameloft devs?

*Gameloft is not responsible for players who actually 'die from exhaustion'.*
09-25-2009, 03:22 PM
This game any good? I'm kinda intrested. I've never played Oregon Trial before...
09-25-2009, 03:31 PM
I hope they drop this to 59p. I liked the lite version but don't want to pay 2.99 for it. Come on Gameloft

Recommended recent purchases: Real Racing, Star Defense, circuit_strike.one, Bluebird, Blimp, Peggle, Dapple
09-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwii View Post
This game any good? I'm kinda intrested. I've never played Oregon Trial before...
Not really, I found if pretty boring and repetitive

Gamecenter: Will090
09-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwii View Post
I take it that "Trial" was a typo, but that's not a bad idea. Download the free trial version and check it out for yourself.