Super Piggy Punch - Looking for Developer Beta Testers (iOS)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by fizzyfrosty, Sep 1, 2015.

1. fizzyfrosty

fizzyfrosty Active Member

Mar 14, 2015
    Software Developer
    Florida, USA
    #1 fizzyfrosty, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Update: May 2, 2016

We're releasing in just TWO days, May 4th! Here are some promo codes in case any developers want to check it out. If you can, give us a tweet on launch day this Wednesday!

J7N9KLXTT9NK
    J3NXLYHNYMW3

April 23, 2016

Hey,

We're currently looking for other developers (or anyone else interested) to beta test an alpha version of our game. Here is what the game looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We're looking to get feedback on the game for things like game mechanics, controls, art, etc. If you are interested, please send me your email at [email protected] and I will send a beta invitation. (Playable on iOS devices)

4/23/2016

Game's been submitted and set for release on May 4, 2016!

2. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    35mb gif ;o

3. fizzyfrosty

Mar 14, 2015
    Software Developer
    Florida, USA
    Oh man, I didn't realize it was that big! If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out the file size? I need to fix this.

4. fizzyfrosty

Mar 14, 2015
    Software Developer
    Florida, USA
    Okay, working gifs! Anyone still interested in beta testing (available on all iOS devices), feel free to send us an email at [email protected]

5. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Hey, I've sent you an email. I have a few minutes to spare and hopefully my feedback will help you a bit. Is testing through Crashlytics or just pure and simple invite? :)

6. fizzyfrosty

Mar 14, 2015
    Software Developer
    Florida, USA
    Cool, I sent you a TestFlight invitation. You have to download Apple's TestFlight app, and you will be able to install the app from there. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems!

7. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Okie, so I've had some free time and I've tried Super Piggy Punch. It's a fun game :).

... but I have some feedback for you to polish:

Controls -> I've instinctively tried to move the piggy up and down by dragging my finger above or under it. As you can imagine, it posed a few control related issues and it took me a few tries to get used to your intended controls. It also seemed that the piggy reacted pretty sluggishly to the direction change right after delivering the "tail-punch".

In-game UI -> I was wondering how far do I still have to run, maybe add some sort of meter to illustrate how far along I am on the track?

Menu UI -> Rubber balls in menu need to be a little more descriptive and maybe remove leaderboards/rate from Achievements and move it elsewhere. It seemed out of place in the middle of various achievements.

I hope it helps and good luck!

8. fizzyfrosty

Mar 14, 2015
    Software Developer
    Florida, USA
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback! We'll take a look at those elements and consider some possible adjustments. Thanks so much!

9. LunaMay

LunaMay Active Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Herald of Mobile Gaming
    Prague, Czech Republic
    @fizzyfrosty: Any time, what I've described were just my impressions from FTUE. It can be different from person to person. Maybe implement Appsee or some alternatives to get better insights?

10. fizzyfrosty

Mar 14, 2015
    Software Developer
    Florida, USA
    That's a good suggestion. I heard someone else trying to implement that some time ago. Maybe I'll give it a shot for the next round of testing for an update.