★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: RTS possibilities

09-14-2008, 08:47 AM
RTS possibilities

I tried to submit this to the "tips" address, but after 2 different "could not send message for 4 hours" messages, I've decided a forum post will have to suffice.

I'm a big RTS fan, and it looks like at least one honest to God RTS game is on it's way. Warfare Inc's site:

proclaims that their game will "soon" be available for iPhone/iPod Touch. No other info to be found on the site. Any of you journalistic types wanna do some diggin'? This is a solid RTS game that I used to have for my Palm. It could use a few more units/buildings, but its stilla great game.

Also, I keep seeing stories about "SteamIron"

as an upcoming mobile online RTS game that requires 3G and will be released to "multiple platforms". iPhone 3G maybe? But I can't seem to find any list of those platforms. Maybe somebody else knows. It looks freakin' awesome. Lots of the articles I found were kinda old, so I'm not even really sure if it launched already. Their actual website doesn't seem to exactly work right. Then again, it is all flash, and I'm a mac user, so...
09-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey David, thanks. Could you forward me the bounce emails to arn@normalkid.com.

09-15-2008, 12:34 AM
I had that problem once too. I tried sending it from my me.com account. But I tried it again through my iphone and it worked just fine
09-15-2008, 08:27 AM
I just sent you the one from my yahoo account. I'll have to send you the .me one later from home. Only have older explorer at work so I can't access the web 2.0 stuff from here.
09-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Send a message via MSN to jammy2049
Warfare Inc. is great, hopefully they will bring the multiplayer support with it.

A number of years back I used to run a website for PDA Video Reviews, if you want to see more of Warfare Inc, check out the review -
09-16-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm co-author of Warfare Incorporated. I can report this upcoming release will have multiplayer support, over WiFi, 3G, and Edge. With this release comes multiplayer server support, which will allow you to connect to the Warfare Incorporated servers to easily find and play other players no matter where you are.

This release will also have integrated support for mission download. With this you can easily browse the available user created mission packs and download any them from within the game. At current count, there are 150+ mission packs holding a total of 250+ single and multi-player missions.

Finally this version is "touch" optimized for iPhone and iPod Touch. You can use your finger to play the entire game (a must for these devices).

I'm not announcing a release date yet but it's not too far off! You can visit the forums to ask questions:

09-16-2008, 01:29 PM
The multiplayer & touch interface stuff sounds awesome! I looked at the forum and most of the posts are really, really old. Just curious, I don't suppose you guys are going to add any new units or anything like that are you? Or can we expect the game itself to be pretty much exactly the same? Just seems like porting it to a whole other platform is a good opportunity to do some updating. Regardess, I can't wait to buy it.