★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: How long will you survive in the abyss?

Dive now into the abyss, in an endless quest for survival. You are born as a fragile jellyfish, struggling to maintain a fading light in the darkness of the deep ocean caves.

Explore this mysterious underworld and absorb all the light you find on your way to live a few more seconds. But be aware... As poetic as this place seems to be, bizarre creatures and plants lurk in the obscurity, waiting to take a bite of you!

Survival of the fittest inside nature's most well kept secret, the depths of the ocean.

- Explore a gorgeous and endless underworld full of unknown dangers and strange creatures.
- An unlimited experience where each game is unique. You'll never face the same challenge twice.
- Intuitive controls specially made for touch devices.
- A beautiful dynamic soundtrack reacting to the environment.

killercow's comments:

09-02-2015, 09:17 AM
So this is an endless survival type of game? This looks gorgeous.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

09-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Gameplay Video

09-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
So this is an endless survival type of game? This looks gorgeous.
Yes it is you try to stay alive as long as possible the stars can be used to prolong your health for short periods.

One of the best games I've played

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Ravenmark:Scourge of Estellion Best TBS since Advance Wars http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/raven...6806?ls=1&mt=8
09-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Wow! This looks really cool!
09-02-2015, 09:49 AM
My thoughts from the upcoming thread:

I'm a biased beta tester, i admit, and it's time to post some honest impressions...

This labor of love is an amazing beautiful atmospheric underwater highscore chaser with lots of lovely details to be discovered. The sparse and spheric music completes everything wonderfully.

But watch out while your chasing your little fishes (=stamina) to survive, there is no time to gaze the environment. Danger lurks around every stone and occasionaly, this game can feel as hard and unfair as the real deep-sea life is, indeed. Eat or get eaten, simple as that.

While my initial thoughts (judging from the gifs/video) wished this to be a one-hander game, for best results you'll need a second hand, no doubt. You'll find out when you play it.

Initially i also thought that you can buy your way to the top of the leaderboard with the stars (=stamina) you'll find as an iap, but you'll find them throughout gaming, too. But the star-recharge-timer demands of you to survive for quite a while first, before you can activate another one. A bit of both worlds, imho, pretty well balanced and done.

Also, there is a little bit of a learning curve to the controls. You have to get to know the jelly's momentum to move with precision (Edit: the Dev adjusted the jelly's weight in the meantime...perfectly, imho).
A point i don't like at all is that i can't do a swipe forward and an immediate swipe backwards to dodge an enemy. The delay is too big and it seems the Dev will stick to that, pity in my eyes. Others might get around my issue easily. (Edit: the Dev could be working on this issue already...)
Btw, the controls really need very little swipes only, and even by doing them fast, you won't trigger a star, that gives you stamina, by accident. Very well programmed.

Another "real life fact" would be that you'll get no immortality for a second or two after being hit/stung by an enemy. Manoeuvre with care...and a second hand.

And again, only consumable iap's (up to $3 only, so far) and no restorable star doubler as in many games lately. Looks like i'll have to jump over my iap-shadow and buy some stars to support this gorgeous game, or i'll watch some "beloved" ads for support.
(Edit: a star doubler could come in the first update)

This is not one of those lifeless, uninspired and lazy "randomly generated" left-right games we see every week. This game is well thought out and comes from a very dedicated one-man-show. Also, he listened up to the testers...and still is.

Definitely highly, highly recommended to give it a try.

Btw, installed beta size was MB 208.

Wow, Pated, you made your release day. Good luck!
09-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
My thoughts from the upcoming thread:

I'm a biased beta tester, i admit, and it's time to post some honest impressions...

This labor of love is an amazing beautiful atmospheric underwater highscore chaser with lots of lovely details to be discovered. The sparse and spheric music completes everything wonderfully.

But watch out while your chasing your little fishes (=stamina) to survive, there is no time to gaze the environment. Danger lurks around every stone and occasionaly, this game can feel as hard and unfair as the real deep-sea life is, indeed. Eat or get eaten, simple as that.

While my initial thoughts (judging from the gifs/video) wished this to be a one-hander game, for best results you'll need a second hand, no doubt. You'll find out when you play it.

Initially i also thought that you can buy your way to the top of the leaderboard with the stars (=stamina) you'll find as an iap, but you'll find them throughout gaming, too. But the star-recharge-timer demands of you to survive for quite a while first, before you can activate another one. A bit of both worlds, imho, pretty well balanced and done.

Also, there is a little bit of a learning curve to the controls. You have to get to know the jelly's momentum to move with precision (Edit: the Dev adjusted the jelly's weight in the meantime...perfectly, imho).
A point i don't like at all is that i can't do a swipe forward and an immediate swipe backwards to dodge an enemy. The delay is too big and it seems the Dev will stick to that, pity in my eyes. Others might get around my issue easily. (Edit: the Dev could be working on this issue already...)
Btw, the controls really need very little swipes only, and even by doing them fast, you won't trigger a star, that gives you stamina, by accident. Very well programmed.

Another "real life fact" would be that you'll get no immortality for a second or two after being hit/stung by an enemy. Manoeuvre with care...and a second hand.

And again, only consumable iap's (up to $3 only, so far) and no restorable star doubler as in many games lately. Looks like i'll have to jump over my iap-shadow and buy some stars to support this gorgeous game, or i'll watch some "beloved" ads for support.
(Edit: a star doubler could come in the first update)

This is not one of those lifeless, uninspired and lazy "randomly generated" left-right games we see every week. This game is well thought out and comes from a very dedicated one-man-show. Also, he listened up to the testers...and still is.

Definitely highly, highly recommended to give it a try.

Btw, installed beta size was MB 208.

Wow, Pated, you made your release day. Good luck!
Very impressive! I'm looking forward to play it tomorrow.

Congras with the launching!

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
09-02-2015, 01:42 PM
Oooh I remember this game from the Upcoming Games section I saw months ago. Looks really cool!
09-02-2015, 01:57 PM
So basically this game is Badlands meets that underwater level of Ninja Turtles for NES?
09-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Repost