★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Swap Cops is a casual turn-based strategy game. Build your team of mighty cops and blast your way through an endless supply of missions and enemies.

Features:
Simple one tap controls
Easy to learn turn-based gameplay
12 unique cops to unlock and play
Endless supply of missions
Unlockable Achievements
Game Center leaderboard to compare your progress

Swap Cops supports the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese.
09-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Now this looks like something i'd get into

EDIT: Woah just realized this is from the guy who brought us Swap Heroes 1 & 2! Nice!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 09-02-2015 at 09:23 AM.

09-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Thanks for posting this metalcasket.

savorygames.com
@savorygames

Last edited by Chris Savory; 09-02-2015 at 10:30 AM.
09-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Now this looks like something i'd get into

EDIT: Woah just realized this is from the guy who brought us Swap Heroes 1 & 2! Nice!
I'm back with another Swap!

Hope you like it, Exact-Psience. This one is quite a bit different than the Heroes games. It's faster, simpler, and more action oriented.

savorygames.com
@savorygames
09-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Now what i found very odd i got to mission 21 so far and died a few times and i see there is a refill option yet i dont see any energy counter to stop me... infact i seen no splash adverts ether apart if i want to have another go then i can watch advert to get a refill.

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay
09-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Savory View Post
I'm back with another Swap!

Hope you like it, Exact-Psience. This one is quite a bit different than the Heroes games. It's faster, simpler, and more action oriented.
Hmm... I was kind of hoping it would be harder. Well, not necessarily harder, but deeper. I liked your other two, but found the strategic options pretty limited. What keeps Swap Cops from being more of the same? Also, why free? Is there an unlock IAP?

Last edited by Oscar Streaker; 09-02-2015 at 03:13 PM.
09-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Streaker View Post
Hmm... I was kind of hoping it would be harder. Well, not necessarily harder, but deeper. I liked your other two, but found the strategic options pretty limited. What keeps Swap Cops from being more of the same? Also, why free? Is there an unlock IAP?
Well there is IAP ie coin doubler and energy refill but as i said before i not come across energy as yet... and im 21 in.,..

09-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
Now what i found very odd i got to mission 21 so far and died a few times and i see there is a refill option yet i dont see any energy counter to stop me... infact i seen no splash adverts ether apart if i want to have another go then i can watch advert to get a refill.
There are no energy mechanics of any kind. You can retry a mission as many times as you like. I assume you're talking about the revive option. This brings your team back to full health and does not reset the mission progress. You get 5 free and then you can watch ads for revives as well.

savorygames.com
@savorygames
09-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Savory View Post
There are no energy mechanics of any kind. You can retry a mission as many times as you like. I assume you're talking about the revive option. This brings your team back to full health and does not reset the mission progress. You get 5 free and then you can watch ads for revives as well.

ah my bad i stand corrected :-)

09-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Streaker View Post
Hey Oscar. Firstly, thanks for playing the first two Swap Heroes, appreciate that. Swap Cops is definitely a move in a more casual direction. Before I leave the swap mechanic and move onto something brand new I wanted to make a version that was faster, simpler, and most of all free. Swap Cops is built to be snappier and more accessible. I went free for those reasons, as well as for my own learning. I've never made a game with IAP or ads before so I wanted to go through that experience.

There is no 'unlock' IAP. There are no energy mechanics and no forced ads (only optional). The IAP are mostly for coins which give you the other characters early but hopefully nothing feels pushy or mandatory.

savorygames.com
@savorygames