★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Looking for a new city builder? Tired of social media anti-games with no strategy? Look no further!

VoxelCity is a strategy game at its core. Balance your finances, keep your people happy, and provide them with the things they need. No micromanaging! The game is designed to have a board game feel.

Don't be afraid to give the game a try. Optimized for almost any device.

Love SimCity? Then you probably hate the current crop of city building games available today. But this one is different. Build your city without ever waiting on timers or paying for any ephemeral IAPs.

- NEW: Landscape orientation.
- NEW: 12 Scenarios, each with unique challenges
- Over 100 buildings
- Terrain generation with rivers and oceans
- Autosave so you never lose progress
- Mayor Missions to unlock special abilities
- No timers or IAPs, and 6 game speeds including Ultra fast
- Secrets and easter eggs!

By buying this game, you are supporting a solo developer. Doing so will help me to make more games! Send feedback to pixelpocalypsegames@gmail.com.

bazola's comments:

Developer here!

VoxelCity is a love letter to SimCity and the city building genre. I loved these games growing up, and I am very happy to bring you this one. This is a strategy game, not a pointless clicker or builder.

I hate free to play and IAP filled games, and I especially hate city builders with long timers, so there is none of that in my game. All expansion content will always be free for those who purchase the game.

Some features:
- Over 100 buildings
- Terrain generation with rivers and oceans
- Autosave so you never lose progress
- Mayor Missions to unlock special abilities
- No timers or IAPs, and 6 game speeds including Ultra fast
- Secrets and easter eggs!

I'm a solo developer and this is my first release, but I am hoping you will give my game a try. I would love to be able to keep making games.

Thanks for taking a look!
09-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Alright, here the very first impressions after only a few minutes, from a guy who often gives up on these kinds of games, because beginning is always the difficult part.

So, yeah. For noobs like myself a tutorial would've been greatly appreciated. Without one, I'm totally at a loss. Now, I noticed that once you begin putting pieces in place, a prompt appears about what all is happening. But, in my noobish opinion, it's not enough.

I'll try and give another go and see if I push past my initial thoughts.

Again, though, appreciate the code. And I hope the game does well.

09-02-2015, 10:59 PM
This is a fairly interesting and streamlined take on the city-builder genre. I think the game could benefit a little from a cleaner choice of font.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
09-02-2015, 11:03 PM
I'm assuming the codes went quick. Will love to hear more impressions and I'll add this to my list to buy next Wednesday! Looks pretty cool.

I'm also curious if this game has anything to do with the PC/Mac VoxelCity with tm at the end.

Last edited by rezn; 09-02-2015 at 11:47 PM.
09-03-2015, 12:49 AM
I like the game. A bit hard atbthe beginning but with higher gamespeed all problems are solved. Higher Gamespeed without iap. Its a plesure. Thx
09-03-2015, 01:54 AM
Nice! Finally a non-ftp city builder!
09-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Looks interesting but I'd like to hear more feedback
09-03-2015, 08:28 AM
Is there a gameplay video? Did a quick search on YouTube and couldn't find anything.
09-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mbjones
So took a risk and picked it up. Some initial thoughts (after opening once):

* Could definitely use a tutorial. Prioritize that.
* The font does make things a bit hard to read.
* I see a lot of promise though. I'm going to keep poking around and seeing what I can come up with.

How do you build roads? Can't figure that one out yet...
09-03-2015, 11:15 AM
I think my very first game on Macintosh was Sim City one in black and white, I spent so soooo much time playing it but I didn't even bother buying the newest version on iPhone, full of timers, Iaps and social network share stuffs. So yes this game is on my wish list but I don't want to spend another 2 dollars for a game that I won't play (I spent far too much recently with deer God and others). If this game feels like Sim City (the first one) then yes I'll get it and I'll happily support the dev. But if we won't get any tutorial and the difficulty is too high, then no