★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The action-packed comedy adventures of Mister Smith, where you choose your own adventure!

Make your way through interactive comedy plots in Mister Smith & His Adventures where you decide how the adventure ends. Be clever or dumb, kind or evil, logical or insane the choices are yours and each outcome is unique! Which is more important: your phone or your date? Who would you save: yourself or your cat? What is the capital of France? Oh yes - as well as the storylines there are trivia quizzes! Everybody loves quizzes!

If you like books where you make choices and experience what happens as a result, then Mister Smith is the perfect game for you! It's not complicated (assuming you have a working brain) but you control the plot. You're presented with options, you choose one and see the (often hilarious, we promise) consequences of your decisions.

Now, let's get to the groundbreaking features:
- This game is easy to pick up and play whether you make clever or dumb decisions, kind or evil, logical or insane the choices are yours and each outcome is unique!
- Also answer fun trivia questions in quizzes against the clock to earn points and prizes!
- Laugh throughout (if you like to laugh, and who doesn't?) at the results of your possibly bizarre actions and decisions.
- Make sure you play in appropriate situations - do not read at somebody's funeral, unless you really didn't like the person.
- Showcase the amazing results of your actions on Twitter and Facebook, to earn the respect and adulation (cough mockery) of your friends and other people you kind of know on social media but dont often talk to although you would say hi if you saw them but maybe no more than that unless you had to!
- Loads of achievements to show your intelligence, ineptitude, maybe even insanity.
- We don't think we need this bullet point, so ...

JohnnyCoghlan's comments:

Mister Smith & His Adventures

Ayopa Games LLC
Genres: Games Adventure Role-Playing Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
The action-packed comedy adventures of Mister Smith, where you choose your own adventure!

Make your way through interactive comedy plots in Mister Smith & His Adventures where you decide how the adventure ends. Be clever or dumb, kind or evil, logical or insane – the choices are yours and each outcome is unique! Which is more important: your phone or your date? Who would you save: yourself or your cat? What is the capital of France? Oh yes - as well as the storylines there are trivia quizzes! Everybody loves quizzes!

If you like books where you make choices and experience what happens as a result, then Mister Smith is the perfect game for you! It's not complicated (assuming you have a working brain) but you control the plot. You're presented with options, you choose one and see the (often hilarious, we promise) consequences of your decisions.

Now, let's get to the groundbreaking features:
- This game is easy to pick up and play whether you make clever or dumb decisions, kind or evil, logical or insane – the choices are yours and each outcome is unique!
- Also answer fun trivia questions in quizzes against the clock to earn points and prizes!
- Laugh throughout (if you like to laugh, and who doesn't?) at the results of your possibly bizarre actions and decisions.
- Make sure you play in appropriate situations - do not read at somebody's funeral, unless you really didn't like the person.
- Showcase the amazing results of your actions on Twitter and Facebook, to earn the respect and adulation (cough mockery) of your friends and other people you kind of know on social media but don’t often talk to although you would say hi if you saw them but maybe no more than that unless you had to!
- Loads of achievements to show your intelligence, ineptitude, maybe even insanity.
- We don't think we need this bullet point, so ...

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4S
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone6
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadThirdGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 69.1MB

09-02-2015, 10:47 PM
This is probably going to be fairly cool! These guys put out (or published not sure the details) Sleep Attack TD, W.E.L.D.E.R, Logit Dots etc.

09-02-2015, 10:58 PM
I have a bunch of super fun games by these folks, so I am downloading this one right now.
09-02-2015, 11:44 PM
I love this kind of unique game, will check it out for sure. Choose Your own Adventure books were the shizz.
09-03-2015, 01:53 AM
Hm sounds like it could be interesting but I don't really like quizzes are those parts serious?
09-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Oh ship, a new Ayopa game. I need a 2nd life.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-03-2015, 03:08 AM
Hi, I'm Steven McDade, the author of Mister Smith & His Adventures

This is how the game came about ...

I was writing TV sitcoms, and although I got a few meetings with UK TV producers (and came very close to getting a radio commission) I haven't made the breakthrough yet. I wanted to get my comedy out there, so I decided to write a game.

There was only the slightest of problems though, I don't know how to code so I Googled a lot as I wrote the script, coded, did the graphics and, well, you get the picture. I'm a one man writing team (in my bedroom). Everything was new to me. I even managed to get the great team at Ayopa Games as my publisher!

Mister Smith & His Adventures is out and I think it's pretty unique too It's a casual choose your own adventure comedy.

The quizzes? There's Quiz Packs which are separate from the stories and optional to play. There's quizzes in the stories, but I think/hope/pray they add to the fun.

Upcoming will be the new story, The XY-Men. I'm not revealing what I'm spoofing there just yet though!

Any questions, please ask. I'm hoping to continue the adventures of Mister Smith for a while to come.
09-03-2015, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersmith View Post
Hi, I'm Steven McDade, the author of Mister Smith & His Adventures

This is how the game came about ...

I was writing TV sitcoms, and although I got a few meetings with UK TV producers (and came very close to getting a radio commission) I haven't made the breakthrough yet. I wanted to get my comedy out there, so I decided to write a game.

There was only the slightest of problems though, I don't know how to code so I Googled a lot as I wrote the script, coded, did the graphics and, well, you get the picture. I'm a one man writing team (in my bedroom). Everything was new to me. I even managed to get the great team at Ayopa Games as my publisher!

Mister Smith & His Adventures is out and I think it's pretty unique too It's a casual choose your own adventure comedy.

The quizzes? There's Quiz Packs which are separate from the stories and optional to play. There's quizzes in the stories, but I think/hope/pray they add to the fun.

Upcoming will be the new story, The XY-Men. I'm not revealing what I'm spoofing there just yet though!

Any questions, please ask. I'm hoping to continue the adventures of Mister Smith for a while to come.

How is it monetized? Do you buy new chapters / quiz packs?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-03-2015, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
How is it monetized? Do you buy new chapters / quiz packs?
You can play the tutorial and the First Steps and School Days stories to get a feel for the game, then watch videos to earn coins to unlock stories and quiz packs.

The Premium IAP will give you the full game - no adverts and ALL stories/quiz packs unlocked including ALL future content.

I'm a gamer, and it was very important to me that you could own the game outright and Premium does that

For future stories, there's XY-Men hopefully within the month, then I'm writing a Hobbit spoof too!
09-03-2015, 03:33 AM
Hey, I can totally get into a game like this if it's done right, and so far it seems like this might be one of 'em! That's just because of the kind of guy I IS!!!