★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do Italians have faster reflexes on Aves?

09-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Why Are we doing better in Italy?

Its quite interesting from a developer's perspective to see the differences in reviews across countries for
Aves, our 3D Bird Hunting Archery game.

Now that the dust has settled, we're getting ALOT of people, all around, who are enjoying Aves for the sake of its gameplay. I dont think branding it as a 'tech demo' is really all that accurate, given the new, non-shill, feedback. I honestly think its because they took a weee bit of time to actually develop the hand-eye coordination, which the game actually 'teaches' you, and understand the 'hook' in this game is an actual, physical-mental skill which increases over time.

But an interesting thing is Italy. We've had lots of positive feedback and reviews (and corresponding sales), which were completely generated spontaneously (no submissions for reviews, they picked it themselves). People really seem to enjoy the game right away and hone in on the bird and controls a little bit quicker.

Any thoughts why ? I'm curious what the senior members and very involved players think.

Last edited by TheBioReplicant; 09-27-2009 at 01:03 PM.
09-25-2009, 09:51 PM
have the other races pitched in?

09-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Hmmmm.....

Well I'm American, but I'm sure if you dig really deep I have some Italian blood in me! I think my great great great grandma came to America from Italy....
Back to level 25! Tally ho!

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2
09-25-2009, 11:49 PM
err as far as my knowledge goes, Italians belong to the Caucasian race and so do Americans and British, so there ain't any question about race.

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
09-25-2009, 11:58 PM
It's probably just 'cause Italians are the best. At everything. 'nuff said.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Well I wasn't imply racial, but reflexes, ferrari, ducati... maybe in the culture It was top #20 in simulation and on the top action list in italy.
09-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
It's probably just 'cause Italians are the best. At everything. 'nuff said.
untrue
asians are all super smart
well most that i know

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
09-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stykman View Post
untrue
asians are all super smart
well most that i know
No they are not, they are just more hardworking and that makes the whole difference. I live in India and I myself study like 4-5 hours everyday so that I can get into the best Law School here. I have some super geek friends who put in like 8 hours a day.

Currently Playing: N.O.V.A, Skater Nation, 33rd Division, 7 Cities, Karnival.
Looking Forward to: GTA: Chinatown Wars, Ravensword (update), 1112 ep 02 and yeah the hangover on 1st
09-26-2009, 11:54 PM
This is almost a racist thread. I don't like it. People are all different, and there are some people that are more gifted than others with hand-eye co-ordination and such. It's got nothing to do with race.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
09-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Send a message via AIM to Outkast1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
This is almost a racist thread. I don't like it. People are all different, and there are some people that are more gifted than others with hand-eye co-ordination and such. It's got nothing to do with race.
Agree. From someone who must be a smart guy to have developed the physics engine, this is a pretty dumb question.