★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dungenious – a flashcard learning roguelike (yes, we are serious)

09-08-2015, 04:50 AM
Dungenious – a flashcard learning roguelike (yes, we are serious)

Hi everyone!
We are proud to announce an novel concept we are working on.

Dungenious (www.dungenious.com) – the world’s first trivia & learning roguelike.

Improve your trivia knowledge while you crawl the dungeons.

If you need to study, but you actually don’t want to stop procrastinating, here is our suggestion: Do both. Add your flashcard set to Dungenious and use it to battle monsters.

GAME FEATURES:

• * Turn-based dungeon crawling.
  • * Upgrade your hero with powerful skills.
  • * Each monster has its unique abilities.
  • * Online Highscore List.

LEARNING FEATURES:

• * Learn trivia with our built in topics (movies, celebrities and more)
  • * Add your own questions via Quizlet.
  • * Dungenious picks your weakest questions to optimize learning success.

PLANNED RELEASE DATE:

October 2015

We would love to hear your opinion on this concept! What kind of topics would you like to see in Dungenious?

Last edited by zmarx; 09-08-2015 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Improved app description
09-08-2015, 10:33 AM
Interesting.

Our 6yo daughter would enjoy the math.

Immediate suggestions from the screenshots would be that the button text should be larger (perhaps auto scale to fit the buttons) and stealing an idea from the "Little Professor" it's very easy to scale up math from 2+2 to 26*6 for adults who want a challenge.

For languages, I like the 'learn Chinese' mode as I need to... um, learn Chinese!

EDIT: Re-reading I see you plan to allow people to add their own card sets, which is pretty nice - for fun I would load it with Pokemon trivia (our daughter is NUTZO over Pokemon right now...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 09-08-2015 at 10:35 AM.
09-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Thanks for your comments, drelbs!

- We will definitely add a couple of Math cards of different levels. I used basic 1+1 math so that my 6-year old son could test it ("Little Professor" - oh, memories from my childhood ...).

- Chinese is in there already!

- Ad Buttons: you mean the tiny numbers on the quiz buttons, right? It never bothered me when testing the game, but looking at the screenshots you are right - goes straight into our bug database.