★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for new recruits to join the Spam Police Force on the forums.

09-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Looking for new recruits to join the Spam Police Force on the forums.

Hey dudes,

We're on the hunt for some new recruits to join the existing ranks of the spam police around here. Basically, instead of just reporting spammers, you'll be able to nuke them instead by gaining access to a pretty cool VBulletin plugin that lets you ban very new users and delete their threads with the click of a button. Pretty neat stuff, and the more people we have doing this the quicker spam gets removed from the forums, so it's an overall win/win.

Anyway, looking for active forum members in different time zones who have been around long enough to have a good reputation on the TouchArcade forums. Kind of open-ended there, as I feel like people who lurk a lot might be perfect for this, but I don't want to be handing out anti-spam rocket launchers to just anyone.

If you're interested, let me know.
09-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Legitimately surprised the entire forum hasn't sprung on such an awesome opportunity yet.

If no one's going to apply, I'd like to suggest Nullzone as a potential candidate. I don't think there's anyone who has reported spam as much as he has in quite a long time.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

09-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Legitimately surprised the entire forum hasn't sprung on such an awesome opportunity yet.

If no one's going to apply, I'd like to suggest Nullzone as a potential candidate. I don't think there's anyone who has reported spam as much as he has in quite a long time.
I think people like myself messaged Eli directly. I agree Nullzone is an excellent choice.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
09-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I think people like myself messaged Eli directly.
That works too, I guess!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
09-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Only found time to reply now, saw this earlier already.

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence, you two, I really appreciate it.
Not sure if I'd be a good candidate, though. I simply don't have much time to spend on TA.
That I report a larger amount of spam is just coincidence: my morning coffee TA reading comes with a small wave of unreported/new spam quite frequently.
After that, I usually only come back in the evening for a few minutes here and there.
By no means I'm online frequently and/or for longer amounts of time.

With that out of the way: Eli, if you think it's worth a shot despite the very limited time I can spend on it, count me in. We can always just see how it goes.
09-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Id gladly help out. i read the forum daily. il dm you
09-09-2015, 03:45 PM
I'd help out if possible, I usually report what I come across.
09-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Ooh ooh ooh!
Can I sign up!
(Posted with my toungue firmly in my cheek.)
09-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Keen. GMT+10 in Brisbane, Australia. Usually up 8AM-2AM.
09-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Ooh ooh ooh!
Can I sign up!
(Posted with my toungue firmly in my cheek.)
This message looks like spam. Can someone please delete it.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.