★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "...so definitely one of the better in the genre, IMHO..."
"...I really liked the game..."
"...I like it for a quick pick up and play type of game..."

Traffis Ctrl - is a game-simulation of traffic control of a large city. If you ever met with police on the roads then you know how it manages traffic. In this game you'll be doing his job.

You must choose the direction of the car and follow that did not happen a collision or traffic jam. Also, you must first pass police cars and an ambulance.

The game supports:
- Left-hand and right-hand direction.
- Leaderboards in OpenFeint.
- Achievements in OpenFeint.
09-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Oh Zincous...

09-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronAMV View Post
Oh Zincous...
Haha....

I saw that. Also noticed almost every game made by Lemico has achievements in it too. He just got a few extra sales
09-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Anybody try this? Baggage Control was proof enough to me that LEMICO can make fun little apps.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Anybody try this? Baggage Control was proof enough to me that LEMICO can make fun little apps.
let me sync my phone and hopefully I can get you some quick impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Just played a bit but it has a few twists from the glut of Traffic Control games out there.

-Cars don't always go straight across, some actually make left and right turns (if in the appropriate lanes to do so).

-When police or ambulances show up you best get them through the intersection ASAP or you'll suffer a hefty fine.

Other than those two twists it's pretty much the standard don't let traffic backup too much or allow a collision.

So definitely one of the better in the genre, IMHO.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok, after playing a number of games, while there are a couple of areas that maybe need some polish, overall I am liking this game.

You play the role of a traffic cop directing traffic at a busy intersection. You must also give priority to emergency vehicles (you have 15 seconds to get them through the intersection).

The graphics and sounds of the game are well done, the intersection and its surroundings are very cute and crisply drawn. There is a good variety to both the shapes and colors of the cars. The sounds are well done. Music plays during the menu, but during the game there is ambient traffic noise in the background including the low hum of traffic and the occassional horn honk. Incoming emergency vehicles have a siren sound to let you know an emergency vehicle is on its way. If you let traffic build up too much and the people are getting impatient, there is an electronic beep that will let you know you need to clear them out pronto.

The game uses OpenFeint and has both global leaderboards and earnable achievements. I think their may be an issue with OpenFeint, though, as it is occurring in other games, but your last score earned will become your new high score on OpenFeint whether or not it was higher than your all time best. So this is not the game's fault. I do wish there was a local leaderboard showing your last 10 scores as well for those times that you can't connect to OpenFeint. Right now the Main Menu page displays just your all-time personal best.

Directing traffic is easily done, just swipe from one area to another. Corresponding lanes will start to move and others will stop. Arrows and text at the head of each lane let you know who is going and in what direction. One word of warning though, you need to actually watch the cars very closely! They will be signalling for left turns and right turns in the intersection and if you aren't paying attention you will wonder why you have told the lanes to go but no one is moving.

Areas for improvement/suggestions:
-If there is maybe some way that you could brighten the right and left turn signals that would make them a bit more eye catching I think...not bigger, but brighter.
-When too much traffic builds up, you get that electronic beep only once as a warning to move that traffic immediately! It really does not seem to be enough time. I would like to get the beep at 10 seconds before traffic goes red and then once every 1/2 second once you reach 5 seconds I think.
-If you start to move angry traffic, the game can still end if they haven't been started quick enough...but it is unclear exactly when is quick enough. I think it would be more fair if the game didn't end if you got angry traffic going.
-I also had the game crash on me if I played a lot of games in a row...even after rebooting my phone. You can restart the game right back up, but it may zero out your highest score earned.

Overall, I really liked the game! It was nice to look out, appealing in the sound effects department, and fun to play. I like it for a quick pick up and play type of game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.