★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Origin8
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Clean the seas in BioSub, a tilt physics puzzle game with a lush aquatic theme.

Steer the Bio Sub by tilting your device, or with optional touch controls. Neutralize canisters by bumping like against like, but be careful with chemical reactions - they can both help and hinder. Work quickly or the canisters will blow, and your subs shields aren't invulnerable...

As you descend, you'll puzzle your way past linked canisters and reefs. Choose your strategy carefully to clear the area while avoiding the obstacles, but plot your path quickly to succeed - taking the wrong route could get you sunk!

FEATURES

Descend through 70 fiendishly challenging timed levels!
Smooth, realistic physics govern game play
Gorgeously rendered underwater graphics
Intuitive tilt controls, with an alternate touch anywhere control option
Achievements and online high scores using OpenFeint!
Ipod Music Library access (for OS3.0+ users only)

VIDEO & MORE INFO

www.origin8.com/biosub

REVIEWS

"The 70 diabolically challenging levels offer heaps of game play. This is an all around polished game sure to please even those who did not get an "A" in physics."
TouchReviews.Net

"BioSub is a clever game."
AppChatter.Com

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-26-2009, 01:23 AM
I was just reading about this in the upcoming games thread and it's out
Will be picking this up but not today. Buying quota reached..

09-26-2009, 02:04 AM
You're in the credits

Fun game, but one thing is bugging me.

I really hate when your sub leaves the screen to go to the other side, it shows half of the sub on each side, sometimes four if in a corner. I find it very distracting.

back
09-26-2009, 03:15 AM
Same soundfonts as Sentinel, lol.
09-26-2009, 03:36 AM
I might buy this after i see a review on it. Idk if it's my type of game yet..

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch
09-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Great, I have been waiting on the fellor to come out.
09-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Looks like I spoke too soon in the Upcoming Games thread. Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

FUTURE SENSE - A brain-bending Time Travel adventure OUT NOW!
SENTINEL 4: DARK STAR - Probably the best Tower Defence in the Galaxy
TRANSPORT TYCOON - The definitive version of the classic business sim
Follow us on Twitter ● Like us on Facebook ● Circle us on Google+
09-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the video, it pushed me over the edge to try it. I also ultimately caved and bought Car Mania, too. I'm an Origin8 fan now, definitely.
09-26-2009, 12:28 PM
More bugs/annoyances

Okay, I need 30 awards to get to level 11.

I noticed I have 0 on level 2. I go back, beat it, get four awards, and move on.

I hit quit to go to level 11, and notice I still have 0 awards on level 2! I beat it 3 more times, and still can't get an award to register.

And it would be great to not have to enter your name every single damn time I go back to play a level again, want to exit from the next one, and get bothered by entering my name.

A level selection screen button would be fantastic on the pause menu and after you beat a level. I don't always play the game in numerical order =/

back
09-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
More bugs/annoyances

Okay, I need 30 awards to get to level 11.

I noticed I have 0 on level 2. I go back, beat it, get four awards, and move on.

I hit quit to go to level 11, and notice I still have 0 awards on level 2! I beat it 3 more times, and still can't get an award to register.

And it would be great to not have to enter your name every single damn time I go back to play a level again, want to exit from the next one, and get bothered by entering my name.

A level selection screen button would be fantastic on the pause menu and after you beat a level. I don't always play the game in numerical order =/
Yeah, but the way the game works is that you need to play as many levels as possible on your three lives to get a highscore. It's not necessarily about beating individual levels. But the achievements in the game seem opposite to that gameplay. It's like they added both in and it's kinda weird.

You want to get a good score on each level and get the medals, but by doing that you get a low score. It's more beneficial to start from level one everytime and continue to get a high score and hope when you reach levels you can improve on, that you do so.

I found it strange when first figured that all out about the game, but maybe because I'm just not used to it....