★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Land Sliders (by Prettygreat)

09-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Land Sliders (by Prettygreat)

Hey guys! Phil here, formerly marketing dude at Aussie developer Halfbrick. It's been a few months behind the scenes, but we're back in action at our new studio Prettygreat and our first game Land Sliders is on the way.

Designed by Luke Muscat (Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride) with art by Hugh Walters (so many games) and programming by Ben Vale (Colossatron, Radical Rappelling). Check out our debut gameplay trailer!

Land Sliders is all about innovation in control. Instead of moving the character with virtual joysticks or buttons, you simply move the entire world around the character, just like scrolling a map, photo or webpage. The character stays in the middle of screen.

The goal? Explore and collect! Each character loves something different. Dog loves bones. Tiny Princess loves Unicorns. Mr. Fridge likes milk. Grab as much as you can, avoiding enemies and traps, to go for that high score. We've put plenty of surprises in with our characters, and will be revealing more as time goes on.

Every level is entirely new with our infinite 3D world generation tech. And there is a lot more beneath the surface of Land Sliders than meets the eye, but more on that later

We made this in four months. Fast development, cool ideas, awesome execution. We'd love to hear what you think, and can't wait to share more soon!
09-10-2015, 03:20 AM
Cool! Looking forward to this amazing one!

09-10-2015, 03:59 AM
This game is really great looking, really really interesting way to play it, maybe it might be a new genre ? , who knows
I really intriguing about how it gonna be played
one more thing i think i saw the chicken from crossy road ?!
If you guys need a beta tester, I would love to help
09-10-2015, 06:58 AM
You got my curiosity
09-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Yep, our good friends who made Crossy Road gave us permission to use the character. You can read more details about our partnership here - www.prettygreat.com

We're wrapped up the beta test, but will be able to give codes out soon for additional testing.

Taking suggestions for characters also, we will be making plenty of rapid updates and there is no limit on weirdness. Our Black Hole character collects planets...
09-10-2015, 08:48 PM
This looks sensational Phil!
Can't wait,
Mark
09-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Looking forward to this!
09-11-2015, 06:24 AM
Game looks fun. Characters are creative.
09-13-2015, 01:48 AM
Thanks! My favorite characters switch between Black Hole (sucks up planets) and RPG Hero (everything now has health bars).

In each update we'll be able to add heaps of new characters, so always looking for suggestions. Let us know!
09-13-2015, 01:57 AM
This looks...Prettygreat.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"