★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ari Rae-Silver
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: DISCLAIMER: People suffering from mild to severe nerve damage, impaired motor function, or certain heart conditions should NOT attempt to use this product.

Ever download a game onto your iPhone only to realize that any four year old with at least a thumb and a functioning brain could beat it the first time through? Well Grinder Escape is definitely NOT that game. Grinder Escape combines deep, responsive game mechanics with a simple, elegant game design. The goal of each level is to reach the flag without getting yourself impaled on the way.

A Few Features:

* Real-time lighting

* Real-time dynamic shadows

* Levels which progressively increase in difficulty

* Ultra-responsive controls

* Levels that offer a challenging puzzle aspect

* Rich music and sound effects

* Extreme fun for both hardcore and casual gamers

09-26-2009, 01:44 AM
pretty twisted, might have to check this one out.

09-26-2009, 04:01 AM
Looks to be rather plain. Some of those blocks with the sharp spikes move, I reckon.
09-26-2009, 04:06 AM
Wow. I don't why I just bought this, but it's not bad. In fact it's ridiculously challenging. Maybe even too much. If you like the sort of game that makes you question how long your iDevice will remain in one piece, then get this now!

The lighting is pretty awesome, too. As is the game icon! I just wish the dev polished it up a bit more. Maybe there's a reason for it, but the character you play as is kinda lame looking and likely to put people off.
09-26-2009, 07:41 AM
strange game

I do not know why I bought it ...
09-27-2009, 10:49 AM
If I ever meet the dev responsible for this game I'm gonna punch him right in the nose! It's so friggin hard! There's no way to know how many levels there are, if it ever ends, or if it's even possible that a human can manipulate their phone to navigate the crazy goings on in some of the later levels.

Seriously, this game may not look like much, but it's a real hair puller! I can't stop playing it just to see if there's some kind of resolution.
09-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
If I ever meet the dev responsible for this game I'm gonna punch him right in the nose! It's so friggin hard! There's no way to know how many levels there are, if it ever ends, or if it's even possible that a human can manipulate their phone to navigate the crazy goings on in some of the later levels.

Seriously, this game may not look like much, but it's a real hair puller! I can't stop playing it just to see if there's some kind of resolution.
Lol, well it's a good thing the dev is "John Doe" then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh man, I guess someone got to him first! That'll teach 'im! LOL
09-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Oops double post

Last edited by KSC; 09-27-2009 at 11:38 AM.
09-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey, I am the dev responsible for this game. I appreciate all of your guys' feedback so far.

Grinder Escape is a hard game, and purposefully so- I set out to create a game with a deep underlying mechanic that could not be mastered within the first 5 minutes- that is not to say that it cannot be mastered though.

I spent a good deal of time testing Grinder Escape with both young children (under six) and seniors to ensure that it was not accessible to either of these groups, only people with high functioning motor skills and reflexes should even attempt this game.

I would be very curious to hear if anyone has actually been able to complete it so far.

-John Doe