★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vir2L Studios
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: STRIKE 'EM DOWN!
The thrill of the lanes is in the palm of your hands with AMF Bowling Pinbusters! on your iPhone or iPod touch!

Take on the challenge in Quick Play, Precision and Duckpins modes, or enter the World Cup to become a bowling champion!

AMF Bowling Pinbusters! features:

Compete in fantastic 3D Lanes such as the Route 66, Spielgasse, Hong Kong Penthouse Palace, Studio 77, Ten-pin Shrine, Highland Bowling, Deep Space Lanes and more!
Choose from 12 unique characters, each with their own signature move
Experience multiplayer fun with Pass & Play
Take on the challenge in World Cup, Precision, Duckpins, or Practice modes
Unlock special bowling balls & shoes for your unique character
Use the Psyche Meter to earn points and unleash unstoppable strike 'em down power with the Special Move
Out of this world 3D Graphics and intuitive controls makes AMF Bowling Pinbusters! the best bowling game for your iPhone yet!

Jump in and strike 'em down with AMF Bowling Pinbusters! Enjoy the fun of the lanes on your iPhone today!
09-26-2009, 07:27 AM

09-26-2009, 08:09 AM
bought it. i'll try it out in the morning. too late right now.

rozzie
09-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I have been waiting for AMF Bowling since it was shown at E3 back in May.

I picked up Galactic Bowling the other day and that is awesome.
(I have 6 bowling games in my iPod right now )

AMF is the better deal, at the price. It has 12 bowling lanes and characters.

The controls were a bit odd for my first 5 minutes, but I now can say I love it.
The framerate is way better than the E3 video and the game has to be played to appreciate it.
The photos can't sell it. It also looks better than any videos show.

To give you an idea of the bowling games I have in my ipod (Just incase it helps you relate) -

Kronos Action Bowling
Midnight Bowling
Galactic Bowling
Penguin Bowling
10 Pin Shuffle (shuffle board, with a 10 pin mode though)
AMF Bowling: Pinbusters

6 is a bit much, I know. I love 5 of them, so it's a tough decision.
(Penguin Bowling is a temporary stay, it's just ok)

I deleted Flick bowling until freeverse delivers the promised pin physics - not that many of the above listed have great physics anyway.

Anyhow, I HIGHLY recommend this game - I must have check Touch Arcades new games page 15,000 times since May/June looking for it.
I was also a pain in the but to a very cool forum member / developer about it!
(Sorry Draven!)

Feel free to ask me anything, I will be working later on until 10pm tonight, but I would love to be help in the meantime!
09-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks colorsound, so far I only own 10 pinshuffle and technically its not bowling(love it though) so which one would you recommend the most

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I agree that it's got a learning curve. This is my second bowling game after midnight bowling. At this stage, I think the graphics of AMF are not as polished, but there is a ton of content, and the AI seems to be setting a realistic challenge. I don't like the animation of the ball in motion, but everything else seems nicely animated.

Rozzie
09-26-2009, 09:16 AM
That is one of the ugliest games I've seen on the iPhone. I sure hope it plays better than it looks.
09-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBagwell View Post
That is one of the ugliest games I've seen on the iPhone. I sure hope it plays better than it looks.
Yeah, looked at that and thought, "Well someone just learned to dabble in OpenGL." Then I realized it's Vir2L Media and thought "Da hell?"

That's some big-time fug for an established outfit.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I deleted Flick bowling until freeverse delivers the promised pin physics - not that many of the above listed have great physics anyway.
While I don't have it on my Ipod yet, Brunswick Bowling has the best physics by far of any bowling game I have ever played. I have it on my PSP, and also on the Wii. It is the most realistic bowling game I have ever come across. And I was a bowler for years, with a 208 average, until injury forced me to retire. Not bragging, just stating that I do know the game of bowling.

Itunes Link:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331350378&mt=8

My reviewer name is "Wawd Buhton".

Last edited by PSD; 09-26-2009 at 10:21 AM.
09-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD View Post
While I don't have it on my Ipod yet, Brunswick Bowling has the best physics by far of any bowling game I have ever played. I have it on my PSP, and also on the Wii. It is the most realistic bowling game I have ever come across. And I was a bowler for years, with a 208 average, until injury forced me to retire. Not bragging, just stating that I do know the game of bowling.

Itunes Link:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331350378&mt=8
Thats cool. I understand your reason for stating your average, I do the same type of thing in posts and fear it comes off as bragging!

Is brunswick out for the iPod?