★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: WARNING: Doesn't work on iOS 8. Special LIMITED Time SALE 60% OFF !!!
This version is with English voices and subtitles.

The following versions are also available separately on the AppStore:

German voices and German subtitles.
Spanish voices and Spanish subtitles.
French voices and French subtitles.
English voices and Italian subtitles.
English voices and Hebrew subtitles.

Just when he thought his life was regaining some semblance of normality, Simon's wonder years are once again turned upside down when the evil wizard Sordid returns from the grave with only one thing on his mind - revenge !

Sordid's Fortress of Doom is reconstructed and Sordid has a new robotic body. He sends a magical wardrobe to fetch Simon but it accidentally ends up on the doorstep of Calypso, the wizard Simon had to save in the last game. Simon then starts to look for a fuel called mucusade which he needs to power the wardrobe in order to get home.
Journey with Simon through this inevitable sequel to the best selling Simon the Sorcerer (also available on the AppStore), as he manages once more to get stuck in a land of twisted fairytales, recycled gags and carbon dated clichés !
With a cast of thousands (mostly woodworm) and enough Swampy Stew to keep an underprivileged country sick for a year, this classic adventure will keep you well entertained until we manage to make another sequel.

"An intriguing, absorbing experience." PC REVIEW
"If you enjoy point 'n click adventures, you'll enjoy this" PC ZONE 'Recommended'

Copyright owned by Adventure Soft Publishing. Simon the Sorcerer is a registered trademark of Adventure Soft Publishing.
iPhoneOS Port and Distribution by iPhSoft.

For more information please visit: iPhSoft.com/Simon2

Uses ScummVM which is protected under GNU-GPL v2.
ScummVM Copyright (c) 2001-2009. ScummVM Team, All rights reserved.
You can find the modified ScummVM code files on iPhSoft website.
09-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Looks like I'll have to buy another gift card tomorrow!

Rozzie

09-26-2009, 09:30 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_t...d_the_Wardrobe

Quote:
The Evil wizard Sordid is brought back to life when a magic-book of his is set ablaze and thrown into the middle of a chalkboard pentagram by the father of Runt, a young boy wanting to become a mighty sorcerer. Sordid promises him that he can become his apprentice if he helps him exact his vengeance on Simon.

Several months later, Sordid's Fortress of Doom is reconstructed and Sordid has a new robotic body. He sends a magical wardrobe to fetch Simon but it accidentally ends up on the doorstep of Calypso, the wizard Simon had to save in the last game. Simon then starts to look for a fuel called mucusade which he needs to power the wardrobe in order to get home.
[edit] Cultural references

Simon the Sorcerer includes various references to popular literature, pop-culture, fantasy and other adventure-games:

* The game's title "The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe" is a reference to The Chronicles of Narnia. The lion in this game, named Masala (which resembles Aslan) features only very briefly. The Wardrobe is a key plot-point and the Wizard is, of course, Simon himself.
* In the opening credit-sequence Simon brings a broom to life to do his bidding, but when the broom rebels he chops it to pieces with an axe. The pieces however grow into several brooms. The setup of this gag is taken from the Wizard's Apprentice part of the Disney Musical Fantasia, which itself is based on Goethe's ballad The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
* When the wardrobe appears in front of Calypso's house it resembles the TARDIS from Doctor Who.
* The Swamplings fast-food chain, MucSwaplings is a take on McDonald's.
* Simon carries a left-handed crowbar, a typical adventure-game item. He refers to the magic-potion, later in the game as "The Ultimate Adventure Game cliché".
* At one point the player must retrieve a Magic Lamp with a genie in it, similarly to the story of Aladdin.
* Goldilocks and the Three Bears appear in the game. Simon steps on, and breaks, a Sega Mega Drive game system in the Three Bears' home.
* Long John Silver, a character from Treasure Island also appears in the game.
* The other prisoner of the pirates looks and acts very similarly to Mr. T.
* The Valley of Doom and its Goblin Army are very reminiscent of Mordor from The Lord of the Rings.
* The Role-Playing geeks are playing an RPG similar to Dungeons & Dragons, but which is set in the real-world (as the geeks live in a fantasy world).
* Mucusade is a reference to the Lucozade energy drink.
* Simon needs the Mucusade because it takes 1.21 gigawatts of power to make the wardrobe work. This is a reference to the movie Back to the Future.
* A probable nod to LucasArts' Monkey Island series, looking at the cart outside the big tent causes Simon to say: "Looks like a Red Herring to me." Also when Simon takes green dye from the shelf it says "Grass green. I hate this color!" almost identical to the same quote from LucasArts' "Loom".
* In talking with the man outside the tent, Simon has the option to make reference to the The Prisoner, ("I am not a number), and Born on the Fourth of July.
* In the Loan Office in the Town, the secretary explains the different loans to Simon, one of which is the pound of flesh loan. This loan is very much the same one Shylock from William Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice" used.

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Great, I just finished the first Simon two days ago! And what a buggy ride that was, even the ending was messed up. I hope this is a little better, like how you choose dialog options, inventory management and so. These game are classic, you actually have to be smart to complete it. It would be nice if they had a hint system, so I don't have to keep going back to gamefaqs! I personally think that this, and the first one, are the best adventure games available on itune, well until Beneath a steel sky comes out.
09-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Well, heck i havn't finished the first one yet, at least this one looks like better controls. Might as well get it while it's on sale still.

Last edited by lacedolphin; 09-26-2009 at 11:08 AM.
09-26-2009, 11:13 AM
i haven't even STARTED the first one but i have to get this since i'm a SCUMM fiend

and the buy app button has been clicked...
09-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpud View Post
Great, I just finished the first Simon two days ago! And what a buggy ride that was, even the ending was messed up. I hope this is a little better, like how you choose dialog options, inventory management and so. These game are classic, you actually have to be smart to complete it. It would be nice if they had a hint system, so I don't have to keep going back to gamefaqs! I personally think that this, and the first one, are the best adventure games available on itune, well until Beneath a steel sky comes out.
the thing about adventure games in general is that often times a fair share of the puzzles are rather convoluted as opposed to completely logical. this is why you will find yourself going back to gamefaqs after clicking every possible spot on every screen and trying every logical combination/solution. any frustrating moment like this is usually entirely made up for by the storyline, though.
09-26-2009, 11:52 AM
I am just starting the first one after ending Flight of AQ but I bought this one to get the sale time and I appreciate the spanish edition with voices and all
09-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
i haven't even STARTED the first one but i have to get this since i'm a SCUMM fiend

and the buy app button has been clicked...
i was about to post pretty much the same thing

restarting ipod before i install it

somebody stop me !

j/k i'm doing it no matter what

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
09-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Nice, will have to pick this up. I hope all the old point-and-clicks ultimately get ported over.