★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to the Pixel 8 gallery where you can test your dexterity and artistic eye against the clock to claim your golden pixel prize. Recreate hundreds of pixel masterpieces against the clock! Fill a few minutes waiting for the train, or lose an entire journey as you explore the Pixel 8 exhibit halls and fill your bank with pixels to spend!

- 450 priceless pixeltastic levels to enjoy!

- Easy to pick up, difficult to become a master!

- Create and share your own Pixel 8 creations with your friends via Facebook or Twitter and it could find its way into a Fan pack in a future update

- Buy new themed galleries to continue your artistic renaissance

- Game Center leaderboards and achievements

- Toddler mode to let your kids play at their own pace... Without spending your money!

- iCloud Progress Sync

- iOS 8.0, 7.0 and 6.0 Compatible

- In-Game Multi-Language Support: English, French, Spanish, Danish & Russian.

***Any purchase in game will remove adverts and grants you the teams eternal thanks and love.

Praise for Pixel 8
--------------------------------
"There's something oddly satisfying about getting every pixel and every colour exactly right" - Pocket Gamer

"It's a clever little concept, I must admit" - Touch Arcade

Awards and Achievements
--------------------------------
The Big Indie Pitch 2015 - 3rd place

Keep up to date on new gallery packs and features and our latest news.

Like us on Facebook: /playingwithgiants
Follow us on Twitter: @PWG_Games
09-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Been looking forward to this since seeing it on the front page the other day; thanks for posting it KC!

Last edited by Andy C83; 09-16-2015 at 09:15 AM.

09-16-2015, 10:57 AM
09-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Looks good, but there are forced video ads way too often, and I don't see an IAP to get rid of them.
09-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Dev here, any of the in-app purchases will remove ads. We didn't want to just make a in-app for ad-removal alone cause that's a bit naff.

I'll make a note for the first update to re-assess the gaps between ads. I think they're a bit keen too to be honest
09-16-2015, 11:11 PM
Downloading now, but I figured I would still ask: are the IAPs consumables, or unlocks?

If consumable, and I were to delete and reinstall at a later time (or also install on my iPhone), would I be able to restore somehow and rid myself of ads again, or would it require another purchase?
09-17-2015, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
Downloading now, but I figured I would still ask: are the IAPs consumables, or unlocks?

If consumable, and I were to delete and reinstall at a later time (or also install on my iPhone), would I be able to restore somehow and rid myself of ads again, or would it require another purchase?
I see a "restore" option in the settings, so that's probably a good sign, but you should probably wait for the dev to respond of course.

This definitely seems like a fun one so far.
09-17-2015, 07:03 AM
There are consumables (pixels) and non-consumables (extra galleries and so on) - either will remove Ads.

Non-consumables are restorable over a delete. HOWEVER... consumables aren't so easy to keep track of - Apple documentation even states that tracking consumables isn't required to pass submission because its 'tricky' without a server (which we don't have) - deleting the game having only bought consumables is going to lose that benefit I believe. I hope to address this in an update but in the current release at least that's that case.

I'd recommend going for the non-consumable 'animal gallery' unlock anyway - its more fun that boosting your way through the levels.

On an aside, Ad frequency should now be reduced now
09-17-2015, 08:10 AM
Hi everyone

We are aware of an issue that is causing the game to crash on iPhone 4 and 4s at boot.

It's got us scratching our heads at the minute as in development these devices worked fine and now on the same devices the game crashes.

Will update as soon as we can.

Cheers

Rick
09-17-2015, 11:55 AM
A fix for crash problems on iPhone 4/4s has been found and an update is being uploaded to Apple now. Depending on how long a submission turnaround takes for updates, it should be sorted shortly