★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ancient Legacy by Gamestew ~ Free!

09-17-2015, 10:34 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: The Kᴉll Switch
Posts: 7,324
Ancient Legacy by Gamestew ~ Free!



ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
09-17-2015, 05:28 PM
#2
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 139
Thanks for letting us know.

I find it's roguelike aspect very weak. I mean it is full of randomness and nothing else. I know game is played with dice. But in terms of roguelike there is randomness that you can adapt and get better, right? Like this kinda game I am not gonna get any better with it.

Despite all game is enjoyable. Playing on tablet but phone screen would be better.

Sorry for my English.

Last edited by Gluskap; 09-17-2015 at 05:56 PM.

09-17-2015, 05:37 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 841
Game gets very fun once you learn to just stick around each area until the job's done, and to always prepare for the worst with backup hearts and the like. Ta for the heads up.
09-17-2015, 07:43 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
Game gets very fun once you learn to just stick around each area until the job's done, and to always prepare for the worst with backup hearts and the like. Ta for the heads up.
Poured some time into this, died...can't be bothered to restart again, unlike other gamestew games.

Protip-use the elfy looking woman. I nealry always got the best event outcome due to having the higher of two dice chosen.
09-18-2015, 09:59 AM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,963
Lovely pixelated boardgame/RPG, like a mini Talisman.

GameStew has been a favorite of mine for a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-18-2015, 10:52 AM
#6
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Poured some time into this, died...can't be bothered to restart again, unlike other gamestew games.

Protip-use the elfy looking woman. I nealry always got the best event outcome due to having the higher of two dice chosen.
I prefer the guy with double potion effect snd +3 attack when you throw a 6. He really makes it impossible to die from stealing dragon treasure if you constantly keep your health 4 or over. Some of them can be nasty, but those random events are great for upgrading your attack. I think 9 is the maximum.

Last edited by sinagog; 09-18-2015 at 05:44 PM.
09-18-2015, 03:32 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 859
I'm enjoying this so far. Way more than Tower of Fortune which I didn't like at all
09-19-2015, 10:03 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
I prefer the guy with double potion effect snd +3 attack when you throw a 6. He really makes it impossible to die from stealing dragon treasure if you constantly keep your health 4 or over. Some of them can be nasty, but those random events are great for upgrading your attack. I think 9 is the maximum.
But-dragon treasure is a quest-Ergo...

And I died from foolishly not quaffing a potion BEFORE a battle.potions become cheap. Remember to use them!
09-20-2015, 12:23 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 4,431
I (as an avid gamer) have almost never seen a game where I don't have any idea what to do and what's going on. They should really care about something like a tutorial. Deleted.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
09-21-2015, 04:03 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 859
Finally did it with the woman wizard character.

The game is fun, but unbalanced. Surviving the first half hour takes a lot of luck - if you get turned into a sheep before you're able to build a level 2 market you're likely to die and there' smoothing you can do about it. Once you make it up to 6 or 7 attack and have a decent market then it becomes really easy.