★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Were celebrating the Star Trek Original Series 50th Anniversary with a special update, with new features and a customized app version.

The beloved Star Trek franchise comes to life in the official RPG puzzle quest! Join the federation in this exciting game that combines your favorite Star Trek characters from The Original Series and The Next Generation, together with starship battles, one on one combat, versus tournaments, and deep RPG leveling. Become a part of this global phenomenon, for fans both old and new!

**RECRUIT AND TRAIN A SKILLED CREW**
With deep RPG, recruit your favorite characters from TOS and TNG to create the ultimate crew! Will you need Jean-Luc Picards leadership, or Worfs power? Take advantage of Commander Spocks logic and Leonard McCoys medical background. Assemble your own epic team and evolve them to defeat your opponents and protect the universe.

**MATCH TO DEFEND THE FEDERATION**
Match gems across three varied puzzle game modes to defeat your enemies in starship battles, one on one combat, and diplomatic encounters. Strategize and use the special abilities of your crew and fleet to bring opponents to their knees. Match and battle against different races and their ships, like the Cardassians, Klingons, and Romulans!

Collect cards to unlock new characters and abilities. The Star Trek roster is constantly growing with new characters and tiers each week!

**PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN SPECIAL VERSUS EVENTS**
Beat your friends and get the top rank in special tournaments and weekly versus events! Unlock new characters and ships with extra level ups and match gems in exclusive missions to win extra prizes. Explore unseen parts of the galaxy as you journey across space, the final frontier!

**BECOME A PART OF THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE**
Are you a true fan of the Star Trek series and films? Have you got what it takes to enter this galactic world, join the Federation, and save the Universe from destruction? Remember your favorite moments and discover never before seen stories! Starfleet has chosen you, so take command of your starship and join this official and totally authentic Star Trek experience!

GAME FEATURES:
* Play with your favorite characters, ships, and races from TOS and TNG!
* Win special packs and evolve your crew and starships and gain new abilities!
* Experience two different campaigns with unseen adventures from both series!
* Three intense game modes! Starship battles, one on one combat, and diplomatic encounters!
* Weekly events and tournaments! Beat your friends and get exclusive prizes!

Star Trek is back, and you can become captain of your own ship in this free RPG match 3 puzzle game! Get it now!

This race through space will keep you at attention as if you were on the bridge Starship Enterprise itself! App Advice

The game on every Trekkies Must Try list Tech.co

Play it and feel the shivers again as you boldly go to places where no man has gone before! PocketFull of Apps

An adventure unlike any casual game the Enterprise has encountered before! - Video Game News Source

PLEASE NOTE: Star Trek : Wrath of Gems is a game that's completely free to play. However, you will have the option to buy some in-game items for real money. If you'd prefer to not use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your mobile device's settings.

Live Long and Prosper!

sivad's comments:
This is out in the U.S. now

09-17-2015, 07:52 AM
My impression so far (like, 5 levels in) is that I like this better than Marvel Puzzle Quest, though it is very similar. VERY SIMILAR. Except that it's Star Trek. Looks pretty and runs well on iOS 9.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace

09-20-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm surprised that no one is talking about his game more. I like it much better than the others if its kind (but not a fan of the "always online" part) and strangely addicted to it.
09-20-2015, 07:10 PM
Great name XD
09-21-2015, 06:09 AM
Unfortunately all of the IAP is consumable. So I cannot make any purchases. I actually do like the core game. I think it's the first match 3 game where the AI actually uses the same board as you to make their moves.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Billy
09-21-2015, 08:57 AM
I stumbled on to this game through a Fantasy Football site and was shocked that I hadn't heard about it before. I'm really liking it so far. Basically the Puzzle Quest formula, but with more to do.

You can fight space battles with your ship, battle against bad guys (picking your team out of your crew) and even against your own crew when you need to convince them of something. The variety is a nice change of pace, but I would have been happy enough with just the ship battles. The rest is icing.

There is a nice story element going on and you can run stories from both TOS and TNG crews. Winning battles gives you more crystals, coins, crew and ships.

My only draw backs for the game is the "online" method - this should only be for "versus" mode and the "grind" aspect. Each battle lets you play it four times, with a better reward each time. In truth I don't mind playing a mission over, but since it's story based, it's odd to see the same section of story four times in a row if you want the extra rewards. Yes, you can skip, but... You know...

One other gripe is that the story blocks move by too quickly. Often you can't finish reading a box before it's gone. Devs need to give an option to slow it down. I can imagine those who have English as a second language being very frustrated.

But overall I am a Trek and PQ fan so this game is perfect for me. Graphics are nice and I'm enjoying the game and story. I haven't hit anything yet that has made me consider an IAP, so that's nice so far. Nice game.
09-21-2015, 09:42 AM
After the first episode, I could see how this game was really going to require IAP. No good way to collect coins, which you really need to get characters. I love Star Trek. I love match 3 games. But I just couldn't justify this one. Maybe in the future it will be balanced better, but I felt like I was hitting a huge paywall after some initial enjoyable gameplay.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace
09-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Genera Mobile brings another generic match 3 game.
09-21-2015, 02:40 PM
It was mentioned that "there was no way to earn coins" other than IAP. That's not quite right. It's in the grind I mentioned above. You play the same mission a few times and you get coins. I've been able to do plenty with coins without IAP. But there is the grind.
09-21-2015, 03:31 PM
On a 4S (at least on mine) it runs choppy. It begins well, but all the ships animations/lasers, etc. end up in hiccups and even freezes. iOS 7.1.2 JB, btw.