★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: caweb.de
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 10.7 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Airplane Duel is a 2 player air combat game with easy controls and flight physics!

Shoot down the balloon or your opponent's plane!

How to Play:

Choose Training (Singleplayer) or Duel (Multiplayer).

Dual mode will setup a connection via Game Center with a second iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.

- Press the FIRE Button to take off.
- Use the ARROW Buttons to head nose up and down.
- Be careful: If you climb too fast, you'll stall!
- The game is over when one plane scores 15 points.

charnold's comments:

This game is a remake of the Mattel Intellivision game Biplanes.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Some fun facts about Biplanes from intellivisionlives.com:

- More hours were spent in the programming cubicles playing Biplanes than any other Intellivision game. Although it's one of the simplest, many programmers felt it was the most challenging and fun of the two-person games. The first time you deliberately stall, go into a free fall, then pull out with a backward loop at the last second to blast your opponent at pointblank range is a joy!

- So many hours were wasted on Biplanes, that when a memo was circulated April 1, 1982, ordering Triple Action deleted from programmers' hard disks, Biplanes-addict Steve Montero (Night Stalker) didn't argue; sheepishly, he erased it, only later discovering that the memo was an April Fool's hoax.

- In Biplanes, although the game ends when one player reaches 15 points, bullets in the air at that point are allowed to score. It's possible, therefore, to have a game with a 15-15 tie, or to win with 16 points.

promo codes:

3AAAALMX3KP4
YAYWWEMXY6A7
93YE4PEELA4E
MEFKKXPT367X
RMM74RKFN4LL
XMJENPK76P73
RHH9NNEA6N3N
HPFTY6H7H3AR
J3W7XAEHLANW
EH79HNX47RH9
09-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I used to love this game when I was little, but I'm not sure about paying 1.99 for it.

plus+: Collokey
"Words/Chess With Friends": Collokey

09-27-2009, 02:24 AM
It's worth it :-)

We've played the original a lot on the Intellivision. When we saw the Biplanes video on youtube, we wanted to have this on the iPod touch :-)
09-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Finally! I loved biplanes on my good old intellivision!

The flying physics with loopings and stalling is very cool, graphics and sound are nice, blootooth works like a charm. Singleplayer is only good for training or flying around for a few minutes, but multiplayer battles are just great! My brother and me play it often, and there is always lots of shooting and screaming and laughing and "Noooo, I crashed again" and "Hahaha, MY balloon!" and "I want REVENGE!!!"

Singleplayer: Not much for the price.
Multiplayer: High recommandation and definately worth it!
09-28-2009, 11:24 AM
added some promo codes to the first post!

have fun and thanks for feedback!
09-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Used XMJENPK76P73

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
09-28-2009, 12:25 PM
RHH9NNEA6N3N, Thank You.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
09-30-2009, 07:24 AM
price dropped to $0.99