★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best brain training game?

12-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Best brain training game?

It seems like there are a lot of these in the app store. I have tried Brain Toot (stupid name, but a great game, there are like 15 different ones and in a regular game, it fives you five random ones, one from each category) and Brain Challenge (more complex, I need to explore it more). There was also:

Brain Surge (tried the lite version and did not care for it much)
Braineous (expensive!)
Brain Jogging (looks pretty good and only 0.99 so I am tempted)
Fizz Brain (not as many games as the other ones, only 4 or 5)
Train Your Brain (another I am considering, looks pretty good)

Maybe some others too...

So, which of these games have you tried? Which is your favourite? I am more into the pick and and play kind e.g. every time you say go it gives you three random games. I am less into the ones where you have to play some kind of epic quest and 'unlock' things.
12-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I bought Brain Challenge for $10 when it came out. Loved if apart from it being unplayablr for some games totally dependent on colour!!! Really peeved me off when I was doing well then had those games come up. Wrecked my scores. Had sent note to Gameloft, but no updates to address this since.
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
If sudoku counts
It supposedly helps to manage your logic.
12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Brain Challenge is so awesome, I have never looked for a brain train game since
12-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post
I bought Brain Challenge for $10 when it came out. Loved if apart from it being unplayablr for some games totally dependent on colour!!! Really peeved me off when I was doing well then had those games come up. Wrecked my scores. Had sent note to Gameloft, but no updates to address this since.
Why? Are you color blind? They need a color-blind mode or labels on all games.
12-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Why? Are you color blind? They need a color-blind mode or labels on all games.
Yes.

Most games don't need colour blind mode, only those that are intrinsically reliant on colour identification. Galcon, Trism and Tatomic are great examples of games that do have colour blind mode.
Developers just need to be aware of this, especially when it comes to red-green colours. Unless they're primary colours, I cannot tell them apart (especially if they come with shading, etc like in Brain Challenge)