★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Chess Cards Game is a strategy game with full information (meaning you know the cards of your opponent), played with a set of just 20 cards and simple rules.
But don't be misled!
Despite simple rules the game is challenging and requires smart thinking and forseeing the moves of the other player. What's more, it is a game where the winning depends on your skills and not your luck!

Each match consists of two rounds and the players exchange the cards after the first round. In this way the match result doesn't depend on the luck of the initial draw, but on the strategic skills of the players.

The app contains short tutorial which will help you learn the rules in no time (you may also check the game webpage). The game is based on the Mate game created in 1915 by G.Capellen.

You may choose between two beautiful sets of cards, with chess and classic theme, displayed in native resolution on devices ranging from iPhone 4S to iPad Pro. Gentle sound effects will also enhance your game experience.

There are several modes of play:
- Solo game - you may exercise your skills during the game with Albert AI (on three levels of difficulty),
- Dual player game - play with your family member or a friend on one device,
- Local network game - you may play on two devices via WiFi or Bluetooth,
- Game Center game - last but not least, you may play with your friends or other players around the world via Game Center. In this mode your highest ranking (difference between your points and opponent points in the current match) is stored on the ranking leaderboard in Game Center.

In addition you may set advanced rules for dual player game in app settings before you start the match. Advanced rules allow you to sacrifice single or multiple cards before each player's turn.
Sacrificed cards are not used during current round and playing with sacrifices may dramatically change the outcome of the game making it even more challenging and interesting.

So, test your strategic skills and play Chess Cards Game!

If you like the game, please take a moment to leave a positive review or rating in the App Store - it really helps, thank you!

digoben's comments:

Check also:
Game webpage: www.ChessCardsGame.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chesscardsgame
10-07-2015, 04:14 AM
Chess Cards Game - update

The new version of the game is available on App Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digoben View Post

Check also:

12-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Chess Cards Game - season sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digoben View Post

Visit also:
Grab it while the season sale lasts!
12-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
The game itaelf is nice! It is fun and you learn it within one minute ...

But:

1. The options and the rule button does not work most of the times on the iPhone 6s+

2. No in Game sound at all ... hm ... at least some sounds would be nice.

3. No natural resolution support for iPad Pro.

4. The AI could be even better ... after ten games on smart AI 7:3 for me ... so if I am not a genius it is not soooo good.

Nevertheless, a good cardgame which could real a gem with some work ...

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
12-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Thank you for your comments:
Ad1. Unfortunately i don't have 6s+ and in simulator it works fine. Just to clarify in the Solo mode the only option is the game without sacrifices and the rule button is ignored. Only in dual modes this setting has significance.
Ad2. True, but I didn't want to distract from the game, however I am considering it for future update.
Ad3. In the works for future update.
Ad4. True, however there is a reason for it. The game uses alpha-beta with pruning, which I have considered simple and effective algorithm which allows to learn and exercise strategy before playing with live opponents in dual player modes (especially in lite version of the app). However I will think about improving AI in the full version.

Anyway thank you for your feedback.
12-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Hi,
thank you for your answer. Please do not understand me wrong, I don't want to make your game bad ... it is good, really! And I like it.

Sound would be nice ... if somebody does not like it ... turn off is always possible.

Native resolution for every iDevice would also be nice, but of course, it does not look bad right now.

More AI level would be good, maybe it would help, to give the AI more thinking time for a deeper search. This could be the first step. The best would be, to makes different AIs with different strategies, but this is hard to program, I know.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to see the next updates.

12-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback, MB. Thanks, too, DB for the response. I'll wait for a few more tweaks before pulling the trigger. Looks like a game up my alley...

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
01-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Chess Cards Game - new version

New version is now available on App Store. Major changes include:
- native resolution on all supported devices - from iPhone 4S to iPad Pro,
- updated graphics,
- added sound effects to enhance game experience,
- updates related to Game Center matches in order to improve reliability of ending turns,
- added Polish localization
and as usual a lot of other updates, fixes, enhancements etc.

Enjoy and if you like Chess Cards Game, please take a moment to leave a positive review or rating in the App Store - it really helps, thank you!
01-22-2016, 01:46 PM
I updated this morning and I have to say it is much better now ...

Right now my only wish would be a better AI ... maybe it would be nice to make a simple Expert level: Like in Chess Games, let the user set the thinking time of the AI ... the longer it thinks the bettwr it plays.

01-29-2016, 05:10 PM
Please display scores as they tally during the game.