★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A T-Rex, Pyromaniac and Unicorn start a fighting league...

Welcome to Punchy League, where your phone is the arena and everyone is a challenger! Play the endless single player mode or punch your friends in competitive 2-player match-ups! Just one device required! Join the league today!

FEATURES

- Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay
- Simple, fun and rewarding challenges
- 40 colourful characters with various difficulties, sound effects and backgrounds
- Epic and challenging boss battles for each character
- Old school 2 PLAYER MODE on one device! (Punch, kick and breath fire at your friends)
- 70 In-game objectives plus 40 online leaderboards and achievements!

WillyPT's comments:
Hi everyone,

Our game just went live, and we are super excited to share it around!

Right, left, your movement is dependent on your fists. The goal is to move forward but you must make sure you put "the best fist forward." Fight back the robot invasion one robot at a time. 40 characters to collect and 40 bosses to beat.

We see it as the ultimate argument solver! The modern Rock'em Sock'em robots.

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER
Easy to Chaos difficulty options
40 online leaderboards and achievements

Punchy League

Pygmy Tyrant
Genres: Games Arcade Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
A T-Rex, Pyromaniac and Unicorn start a fighting league...

Welcome to Punchy League, where your phone is the arena and everyone is a challenger! Play the endless single player mode or punch your friends in competitive 2-player match-ups! Just one device required! Join the league today!

◈◈◈ FEATURES ◈◈◈

- Easy to learn, hard to master gameplay
- Simple, fun and rewarding challenges
- 40 colourful characters with various difficulties, sound effects and backgrounds
- Epic and challenging boss battles for each character
- Old school 2 PLAYER MODE on one device! (Punch, kick and breath fire at your friends)
- 70 In-game objectives plus 40 online leaderboards and achievements!

Supported Devices:
  • iPadWifi
  • iPad3G
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 45MB

09-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Pretty fun, downloaded it today and i have to say, i wasnt like the graphics too much, but gameplay it fun

09-22-2015, 11:54 AM
That's awesome that you like the gameplay. Maybe you will enjoy the graphics on some different characters. Thanks for playing anyway!
09-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Downloaded it today after I saw a post about a week ago, can't stop playing!
09-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Had to grab this after reading Pocketgamer's article title "Punchy League lets you beat up a t-rex as a unicorn". The perspective and chunky pixels remind me of Activision's Boxing on the 2600. But this is more strategic than that, as well as today's typically frenetic FTP games.
09-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Activision's Boxing was a key inspiration. kind of wanted to see if we could produce a modern twist to that abstract Atari top down look. It also fits with the punch mechanic imo. Well i hope you like it! If you haven't already, try two player with a friend. The game was built around multiplayer as a core.
09-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Hey this is a pleasant surprise.
Having fun getting into the swing of it
Lots of characters to unlock.
Great icon.
09-23-2015, 03:01 AM
Wow! So fun!
09-23-2015, 03:08 AM
This is great! The same device multiplayer is inspired too! Reminds me a bit of the back and fourth of Nidhogg.
09-23-2015, 04:50 AM
Glad you are enjoying it! Nidhogg's back and forth energy was a good inspiration. We wanted a stage for people to challenge each other with their favorite characters, and not divide it in to rounds.