★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Immerse yourself in the most enthralling strategy RPG experience on mobile yet! Shards of Magic will draw you in with stunning 3D visual effects, rich strategic gameplay, and witty voice acting.

Assemble a legendary team of unique characters to set forth on a riveting adventure like no other! Find the Shards of Magic, before Dusan, the evil Lord of the Abyss, can claim them for himself.

The road is paved with hordes of enemies, epic bosses, and countless other obstacles. Discover an exciting, fully fledged campaign spanning over 350 stages, each with three different difficulties for additional replayability. Collect and choose from hundreds of heroes, each with an array of various devastating skills to aid you on your journey. Form a powerful party by synergizing skills and unit placement to create the ultimate battle force! With the mighty elemental guardians at your back, nothing stands in your way.

Now, its up to you. Seize your destiny, and stop Dusan from destroying the world, and everything in it. Play the freshest RPG on mobile to date!

KEY FEATURES

* Explore Abundant Content *
Expansive, fully voiced campaign mode featuring 350+ stages, and over 280 unique, battle-hungry heroes to collect and upgrade as your RPG adventure unfolds.

* Experience Strategic Gameplay *
Exploit the enemy weakness by varying your team setup. Pair the right party members for synergy bonuses and maximum power boosts to gain the edge over your foes.

* Compete in Dynamic PvP Combat *
Prove your skills in battle against other players. Rise to the top of the leaderboards in numerous compelling duels against rivals from all over the world.

* Discover Thrilling PvE Action *
Join in on daily world boss raids, master challenging endless dungeon modes, and more! Earn rare loot to gear up for your adventures.

* Play Together *
Team up in demanding server-wide boss raids, join guilds for special events, hire veteran players to aid you in battle, support your friends, by sending them energy or stamina, and much more.

Connect with us and always be up-to-date! Receive inside info about promotions, giveaways, events, the latest game updates, tips & more

VISIT US: R2games.com
LIKE US: https://www.facebook.com/shardsofmagic
FOLLOW US: https://twitter.com/R2Games
WATCH US: youtube.com/c/R2Games_Official

IzumiNowa's comments:

Shards of Magic

R2GAME CO., LIMITED
Genres: Games Adventure Role-Playing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Join the most compelling strategy RPG experience on mobile! Shards of Magic offers stunning 3D visual effect, voice acting, and rich strategic gameplay. Personalize your party by summoning legendary heroes and unleash devastating skills in the epic boss battles.Fight your own adventure!

Supported Devices:
  • iPod-touch-with-mic
  • iPadWifi
  • iPad3G
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 58.4MB

09-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Pretty fun so far!

09-23-2015, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2GAME CO
the most compelling strategy RPG experience on mobile!
Wow. That's an wildly flamboyant claim. I see your "most compelling" and raise it a XCOM/Banner Saga/FFT/Demon's Rise/etc.

Luckily, the game need to reach those lofty heights and realize the boast to be fun Is this a TBS-RPG or a realtime RPG?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 09-23-2015 at 02:11 AM.
09-23-2015, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
Wow. That's an wildly flamboyant claim. I see your "most compelling" and raise it a XCOM/Banner Saga/FFT/Demon's Rise/etc.

Luckily, the game need to reach those lofty heights and realize the boast to be fun Is this a TBS-RPG or a realtime RPG?

Bah. This is just the another example of the same old malecowdung we've already seen so often, the clone of the clone of the clone... and another game that plays itself. You get the idea.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-23-2015, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post

Dont ever take these PR lines with any grain of seriousness lol

Regardless of their claims the game is pretty nice.. even have English dubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Bah. This is just the another example of the same old malecowdung we've already seen so often, the clone of the clone of the clone... and another game that plays itself. You get the idea.
Give it a try before you call it cowdung. its not bad

The game does not play itself.

Auto basic combat is not unusual in games. All Mobas have them. (League of Legends, Dota 2 etc) All classic mmos have them.. (World of Warcraft etc)

and calling a game a clone just cause it has similar mechanics as another game is just silly

Last edited by IzumiNowa; 09-23-2015 at 03:11 AM.
09-23-2015, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzumiNowa View Post
Give it a try before you call it cowdung. its not bad

I've already tried it. Seen games with that concept at least 6-8 times before. A soulless game without a real goal. I stopped playing those games just because I don't know why I am playing those games. I am no enemy of f2p, but these games grow triring fast and everybody is putting out the same stuff just with different skins, meanhile. There are better things to play than these automated grindfests.

And no: calling another person "silly" just because s/he has a different opinion, that is silly.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 09-23-2015 at 03:24 AM.
09-23-2015, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I already tried it. Seen games with that concept at least 6-8 times before. A soulless game without a real goal. I stopped playing those games just because I don't know why I am playing those games. I am no enemy of f2p, but these games grow triring fast and everybody putting out the same stuff just with different skin.
Its hardly soulless. They put some effort into doing English voices and has a decent story.

But you are free to have that opinion of course.

I might be easily pleased.. I got 30 of these installed.. except i think its lacking the social part but

The point of these games is collect heroes, level them up. do the story :P Its not rocket science.

Edit: im not calling your opinions silly. but calling it a clone is silly. Its not a clone. Its belongs to a certain genre of mobile RPGs. I would say Social RPG but then again it does not have that use friend in combat "social feature" as far as iv seen.

Last edited by IzumiNowa; 09-23-2015 at 03:38 AM.
09-23-2015, 03:43 AM
Oh, ok, got that wrong. Well, ok, let me rephrase and say that these games are way too heavily inspired from others.

Over time, I played half a dozen, up to a dozen of these games excessively. Yeah, it's about collecting heroes, and leveling them up and do some automated combat plus using character skills now and then. After a year or two with those, I grew tired of them. And nearly all of these games which are released lately are way too similiar to be entertaining. Most of the games are simply copied.

Last edited by Vovin; 09-23-2015 at 03:45 AM.
10-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Gameplay by IPlay GameChannel
10-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Will progress transfer once its out in US?

EDIT: Actually I dont see any way to save progress...

Last edited by Amenbrother; 10-26-2015 at 08:52 PM.