Muffie the Maze Jumper [Tilt Platformer?]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mongapop, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Mongapop

Mongapop Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2014
  2. Sponggy

Sponggy Active Member

Jul 11, 2015
    It looks like a nintendo game but in a good way

3. Seems to have some copyrighted material, but, in the end, I really don't care. That's for Apple and their lawyers.
    Looks amazing! Really would love to try it when it's out. I never played platform games on my phone due to HORRIBLE touch buttons!

4. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Geez.... Now that you said something, we'll never see it!

(Kidding!)

Game looks cute. I would love to play it.

5. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Hi Lavender, BTW, we know how this is going to end, right!? :) Most probably I'll include a new level, named LAVENDER, on the next version of the game! :)

Anyway, I have just submitted it to the App Store. Should take about a week to be available. It will be FREE, no IAPs, no ADs!
    Just for the pure pleasure of coding!

Ahhh, BTW, I'm still working on the description. Can you suggest something?
    The general idea is: Platform Gameplay without the hassle of those horrible touch controls.
    The story is (somehow based on): Evil Muffie trapped you on Muffieland. To escape you need to face several different mazes. On each maze you need to find all keys and then find the escape door. Each level has a Master.
    Here's a screenshot from App Store:
    [​IMG]

Here are the keywords (so far): maze,runner,maze runner,doodle jump,platform,final fantasy,chrono,geometry,kirby,role,rpg,goblin,pip

6. Me too. Any idea when it's out?
    Can we get some free codes?

7. ZZzzzzzz... Ok, no need to answer that!

8. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Ok! :)

For centuries, Toby Scott has been trapped in Muffieland for defying god Muffie and snatching the power of immortality and irresistibility. Condemned to have his battle-hardened body trapped in an eternal jump sequence, Toby has lost all hope—until Karina, the Goddess of Conflict, appears. She will release him from torment—if he’ll use his power and strength as a warrior to escape a series of deadly mazes.

Take control of Toby Scott on this magic adventure and try-out the unique, and truly innovative ZERO-button arcade gameplay (C) by MongaPop Studios.

Support Indie Game Development!

For the pure pleasure of coding!
    :)

9. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Hmm... Sounds good to me. Decades in the future, they'll all remember my name...... (Applause). LOL!!

The video you posted looked good.
    I do look forward to playing. I am a little nervous about the controls being non-touch, but, it is definitely different. I would love to see there be a choice to play either touch or non-touch. But I'm sure that's a lot of work. You would probably get more downloads that way though. :)

I did write another description. I took part of yOurs and just added to it and changed it around. It might not be any better, but.... I tried. :)

Toby Scott has been trapped for centuries in Muffieland. Punished for defying the God Muffie for stealing the power of immortality and irresistibility; he was condemned to be trapped in an eternal and endless jump sequence.
    Just as Toby Scott had lost all hope of escape, Karina; the goddess of conflict, hearing of his battle hardened body and irresistibility, has offered to release him from his endless torment. But, it won't be easy... He must use his power and brut strength of a warrior to escape a series of deadly mazes, find all the keys and defeat the evil masters.

Take control of Toby Scott on this magic adventure and try-out the unique, and truly innovative ZERO-button arcade gameplay (C) by MongaPop Studios.

Support Indie Game Development!

More keywords for you: retro, tilt, escape, dungeon, bosses,

Good luck!!

10. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Lavender!! Thanks! Already updated the description @ App Store.

About touch controls, take Doodle Jump for example. On some old Blackberry devices, you touch left and/or right to move the player, and, at least IMHO, it's not so good.

I thought a lot about adding some touch controls, but, in the end, I couldn't see any real advantage. The key difference of this game is exactly that. It's really funny to watch some kids playing it. Instantly they keep tilting the device left and right to move the player. In some stages, on some parts of the maze, there's even the need to tilt it @ 90 degrees very quickly after a jump.

Well, anyway, as usual, let's see what users have to say! :) IF they were able to find inside the app store universe.

BTW, Im planning (never did before) a test flight version. Hopefully it will be out before the real one (already submitted). Could you re-send me your email through PM, so I can send you an invitation?

11. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    Lavender, just added you inside test flight. With that email you provided me.
    Not exactly sure what to do next. Have you received something, like a link?

12. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    I think it will be useless now. App just entered "In Review", few minutes ago.
    Let's see if its approved.

13. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
  14. Mongapop

Feb 25, 2014
    so, someone tried this marvelous game?

*PS* Theres a hidden NES emulator on it! :)

15. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    sorry for my ignorance and english, but how i can acess the "hidden features"? thanks in advance...:confused:;)

16. danieljin

danieljin Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
    until now, i dont find the emulator in this app... how can i access?