★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tile Rider is a single-player game where you control a small car, which is equipped with a weapon and a magnet gadget. Navigate each level of the virtual world from start to finish solving puzzles and outsmarting enemies.

"Smart game with bad art" IndieCade
"Drive with caution" Pocket Gamer
"Really mega fun and totally cool" Happy gamer

Features:
- 35 unique story-driven levels
- Physics gameplay
- Smart AI
- Zombie-cars
- Atmospheric soundtrack
- No In-App Purchases and no Internet connection required to play

7 Soft Pillows's comments:

Features:
35 unique story-driven levels
Physics gameplay
Smart AI
Zombie-cars
Atmospheric soundtrack
No In-App Purchases and no Internet connection required to play

Languages: English, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian

Twitter: https://twitter.com/7softpillows
09-22-2015, 03:22 PM
This looks pretty cool

09-22-2015, 03:26 PM
NOEN,

Thank you!
09-22-2015, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
This looks pretty cool
I agree, here it is only Tuesday and I'm already headlong into iOS game buying.
09-22-2015, 04:50 PM
First, some for a mod, please.
There is a second thread around, but this one is opened by the Devs themselves (two people, right?), so...

Funny somehow that this old upcoming thread shows way more info and gameplay (not iphone only though).
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=233216

Seeing the title a few minutes ago, i remembered that game, probably from the simple colorful, yet cool graphics and the interesting mix of cars, shooting and puzzling, i don't know. I was interested back then, so i took the plunge.

The presentation with the great menu soundtrack (though the fiddle might not please everybody, i guess) is slick and simple. And so are the levels, so far. But the real cool thing is, you can 4-way tilt your device to see much more of the current screen. I also like how the camera zooms in, if i don't drive, and out again when i get back in action.

I'm at level 8, and i still consider this to be an advanced tutorial, somehow. But i have to be honest, before i dive in further, i'm gonna play the whole tutorial a few times more. I've got to get used to the cars behaviour first. The turns and curves are...special, and i like it. Also, a better and faster handling with the magnet might pay out in the later and more complex levels, my guess.
While getting used is my personal thing, the controls are very responsive, no doubt. Good job.

Maybe me too later on, but i can see some people asking for a magnet-button somewhere in the right corner, customizable the best.

This is a very unique game in my books, and i'm looking forward to dive in further.

Oh, maybe a link helps to get the game:
„Tile Rider“ von Pavel Raliuk
https://appsto.re/ch/neRb9.i

Edit: always wondering...is it easier to release a game in a default foreign language, instead of having an option to let the players choose which one they prefer?

Last edited by Qwertz555; 09-22-2015 at 04:55 PM.
09-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Qwertz555,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are right - we are 2 people.

Quote:
always wondering...is it easier to release a game in a default foreign language, instead of having an option to let the players choose which one they prefer?
The game tries to use your system language and if it is not supported the game uses the default: English.
We support English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, German.
I've just added "language switch" to our to do list

Alex
09-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Holy shit. I'm on The Last Stand right now and I don't think I've played anything as unique as this in AGES. May I ask how many levels are in the game?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
09-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Holy shit. I'm on The Last Stand right now and I don't think I've played anything as unique as this in AGES. May I ask how many levels are in the game?
Wow. Such reaction is inspiring! There are just 35 levels in the game
09-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Soft Pillows View Post
Wow. Such reaction is inspiring! There are just 35 levels in the game
Eek, I didn't notice it was there in the description above.

But yeah...what the hell man!? You guys have a winner on your hands. A real, real winner. Like, one second I'm playing Micro Machines, the next it's a tower defense title and then out of nowhere I'm running away from some maniacal racer out to get me. I'm SUPER digging this game!

Oh, and that soundtrack is worth the $4 alone!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
09-22-2015, 06:15 PM
@Qwertz or casket or devs: What does GC entail? Cheevos, leaderboards or both?