★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: this app is pretty insane. AppReviews.net

The critically acclaimed bowling simulation from Crave Entertainment rolls from the Nintendo Wii to the iPhone and iTouch in Brunswick Pro Bowling. Now you can take the lanes with you!
Brunswick Pro Bowling gives players a detailed, realistic bowling-center experience, complete with authentic sights and sounds and official Brunswick bowling gear. Brunswick Pro Bowling is highly customizable allowing players to choose different characters, left handed or right handed playing, and ball styles.
Critics have already praised Brunswick Pro Bowling for its incredible realism and exciting game play. According to Sports Illustrated for Kids, The game's physics are incredibly realistic."

Brunswick Pro Bowling features include:
Immersive 3D graphics

The only bowling game with truly REAL pin physics

Master real time changing oil patterns and lane conditions. Oil pattern will change and wear with each throw

Bowling Controls: Utilize the touch/swipe control or the Motion/swing control

Play with up to four players or intelligent AI with the multiplayer Pass and Play feature

Bowl in either vertical or horizontal modes

Unlock a variety of Brunswick balls and additional bowling centers

5 truly unique locations

Real bowling sound effects

Customize your game: Choose character, location, balls, left/right hand, and personalize your characters name

Listen to your personal music collection on iTunes while knocking down some pins

Wall of Fame scoreboard to track your 10 biggest games

Earn genuine Brunswick balls to improve your performance

Choose Quick Play Mode for a fast round of bowling

Save feature which allows you to pick up where you left off in a game

Camera: Several camera angles bring the bowling to life

KUDOS: Several unique, fun kudos animations reward you for excellent play

LANGUAGES:
English

REQUIREMENTS:
Compatible with iPhone and iTouch Requires OS 3.0 or later

skyye06's comments:
Can't believe no one posted this, looks amazing thanks to Squirt Reynolds for showing me this

09-26-2009, 11:40 PM
I REALLY want to see this one in action. I just heard about this in that other recent bowling thread and am intrigued to see more!!

09-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowHow2Fly View Post
I REALLY want to see this one in action. I just heard about this in that other recent bowling thread and am intrigued to see more!!
I know I really think this one has the best physics and could be the best but I can't seem to find a vid...How about you dave

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
I know I really think this one has the best physics and could be the best but I can't seem to find a vid...How about you dave
Just checked, no vid at the moment, just some PSP videos...this would be a rather large TOFTT, but someone may be willing. Camzy, you there?
09-27-2009, 04:31 AM
Review: Brunswick Pro Bowling bowls a solid sim bowling experience

The game of bowling has been around since Ancient Egypt with the video games of the sport probably around as long as that or so it seems with all the iterations through the decades. On the iPhone/iPod Touch platform, more than a handful of bowling games exist, and unfortunately most of them arent very good. Sure, a few good arcade-type games (e.g. Midnight Bowling and Downhill Bowling) are out there, but a solid sim bowling game has been non-existentuntil now. Brunswick Pro Bowling is a straight-up bowling game combining high-quality 3D graphics with well done ball and pin physics. While it could use additional bells and whistles, Brunswick Pro Bowling delivers a relatively true bowling experience.

First things firstBrunswick Pro Bowling is all about bowling and creating a more or less realistic simulation of the game. So you dont have theme music, outlandish crowd noise (unless you score well and only at the end), and crazy looking opponents. What you do have is a rather immersive experience with realistic ball spin and hooks and pin physics coupled with the sounds of live bowling as balls make impact with pins.

The 3D graphics are top notch so much so that you can watch the spin of a ball as it speeds down the alley towards the pins. The pins themselves react as they should when a ball makes contact. For the most part, the alleys look like alleys, with the only visual exception being in the surrounding design. In addition to auto save, the game automatically reverts between landscape and portrait modes depending on how the device is held.

Brunswick Pro Bowling offers two game modes: Quick Play and Customize. Quick Play randomly selects a player, lane and ball. Customize is more involved where you can choose everything from the player and his throwing arm to ball type and arena. In addition, there are two player modes: single player and multiplayer. Multiplayer involves play with up to 4 AI (amateur, league and pro levels of difficulty) or humans via hot seat players. Its unfortunate that there is currently no online multiplayer since this is well suited for it. Otherwise, the AI is well balanced, and I would suggest you play at the league and pro levels for some challenge.

The game offers a good degree of customization where you can select from 8 different players each with different characteristics in terms of strength, accuracy and hook, as well as whether they are left or right-handed In terms of arenas, there are 5 to choose from, although 2 are locked to startJoes Alley, Houston, Dublin, Tokyo and Honolulu. Tokyo is unlocked when you score 150 or get a turkey (score 3 strikes in a row), while you need to score 200 or get a 6 pack (score 6 strikes in a row) to unlock Honolulu.

As for balls, there are 10 balls each with unique features based on hook potential, breakpoint shape, flare potential, and RG Average. 4 balls are locked until certain scoring challenges have been met (e.g. score 225 to unlock Wild Ride ball). These balls have names such as Avalanche Slide, Atomic Bomb, Python, Rattler, and the aforementioned Wild Ride to name a few. In any game, you can play with and switch between 3 different balls.

The physics in the game begin with the controls. The process of throwing the ball begins with lining up your bowling position. This is done through directional arrows which you can drag left or right. An aiming line allows you to aim the direction of the throw. One additional element to note is the oil patterns which impact lane conditions affecting ball direction. Each lane has a unique pattern that changes during the course of a game that impacts ball rotation and spin.

The game offers two throwing options: Touch and Motion. The touch control is done fairly well and very accurate from my time with it, allowing you to put a degree of spin on the ball. As is typical with most video games on the platform, you simply swipe upward to throw a ballthe faster the swipe, the stronger the throw. Where Brunswick Pro Bowling goes a step further is in the ability to put spin on the ball. To put spin into a ball, you swipe in a curved motion in the appropriate direction. This works like a charm, and it does take a bit of practice to get just the right spin to throw strikes consistently. Whether you throw straight or with a spin, youll be able to watch and see the movement as it rolls down the lane.

The Motion control is not something I would recommend especially if you have butter fingers. Literally, you hold your device in your hand with your thumb on the screen. As you swing your device and move your arm left or right to create spin, releasing your thumb will throw the ball down the lane. The controls work pretty well after overcoming a slight learning curve, although I would be wary about doing this too often.

The gameplay really does set Brunswick Pro Bowling apart from the arcade-style games. The single player games are ideal for practicing spin on the ball, and you may want to experiment with both right- and left-handed play for some extra challenge. Because of oil patterns and lane conditions, ball movement changes so youll need to alter your throw motion ever so slightly. The multiplayer competitions are actually pretty fun, but the AI is pretty basic on the amateur setting.

The local scoring keeps track of the top 10 best games, although a career mode would be welcome. Unfortunately, there also isnt a replay option to record for example, your success to secure a spare from a split. In addition to a career mode, the game could use a more elaborate achievement system recognizing milestones such as strikes and spares, opponents defeated, and winning in certain bowling alleys.

Overall, Brunswick Pro Bowling offers a solid bowling experience on the platform with top notch graphics, realistic ball spin and pin physics, and entertaining single and multiplayer gameplay. While it lacks a few bells and whistles, the replay value is obvious for fans of bowling.

Albie Meter: 4 Stars (solid sim bowling experience with relatively easy-to-use controls; lacks online multiplayer and career modes; single and local multiplayer modes are done well and should appeal to bowling and sports fans)
09-27-2009, 07:48 AM
I'm interested, after either a video Or a price drop.

Darn, this would be like the 9th bowling game i buy, 6th or 7th Currently installed on my iPod.
They really need to stop making these!!!
09-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Dammit still not out in Australia
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Price seems steep with no carrer mode or other game structure. I'm a bowling junkie so it would live on my iPhone and get played from tome to time if it's good.

Thoughts on how it compares to the Kronos bowling game?
09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
Price seems steep with no carrer mode or other game structure. I'm a bowling junkie so it would live on my iPhone and get played from tome to time if it's good.

Thoughts on how it compares to the Kronos bowling game?
I have had a small conversation with BA and he said that this is the best sim bowling out there while midnight is the best arcade

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
09-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Honestly, I don't like Kronos Bowling because the game physics are off. The bowling ball just speeds down the lane like a speeding train after I flick it.