★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iOS 9 killed my iPad mini 1

09-23-2015, 04:11 PM
iOS 9 killed my iPad mini 1

I've used my mini for two years and been running super fast and effective and immediately after iOS 9 it's a slug . I even wiped it and it's still sluggish wtf apple
09-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Did you update via Wifi? Maybe a bad install file. Factory reset it and install iOS9 again with a PC.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
09-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
I've used my mini for two years and been running super fast and effective and immediately after iOS 9 it's a slug . I even wiped it and it's still sluggish wtf apple
Do you have an email address with thousands of content? I had to install the gmail app for my wife's iOS9 iphone5 because of that. Apparently, iOS9 will check through your entire emails and prepare search results and suggestions if the need arises.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Do you have an email address with thousands of content? I had to install the gmail app for my wife's iOS9 iphone5 because of that. Apparently, iOS9 will check through your entire emails and prepare search results and suggestions if the need arises.
Wow . That's crazy . Yeah I have tons of emails . When i get home I'll check into it
09-24-2015, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Wow . That's crazy . Yeah I have tons of emails . When i get home I'll check into it
I was just thinking I'll iodate my mini 1 today because I haven't read any negative comments yet. I'll hold iff now to see if you manage to improve yours with the email tweak.