★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Combines pinball with a dastardly RPG 'Blitzkeep' $2.99 > $0.00

09-28-2015, 05:08 AM
Combines pinball with a dastardly RPG 'Blitzkeep' $2.99 > $0.00

Very recommended! Free for the first time. Full premium, no IAPs, no ads. Supports Apple's Game Center. Main TouchArcade forum thread with some of the devs being present:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=254003

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
09-28-2015, 05:48 AM
Gameplay becomes very dull quickly, and the level timer is just annoying. The problem is that sometimes there's so much going on the screen, that you - especially in the later levels - crash into enemies that are too strong for you at beginning, but there is no indicator, how strong the enemies really are. If you die, you start at the beginning of that kindgom. That's frustrating because it turns the game into a some sort of try-and-error-thing.
This game may be a time killer for a moment, but it's not recommended by me.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 09-28-2015 at 06:01 AM.

09-28-2015, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Gameplay becomes very dull quickly, and the level timer is just annoying. The problem is that sometimes there's so much going on the Screen, that you - especially in the later Levels - you Crash into enemies that are too strong for you at beginning. That's frustrating.
I managed it to see it as a challenge. Didn't get too far into until now, but I'll pick it up again for sure. And don't get fooled by the thread's title, it's less pinball but more… something different. Pretty unique. But not for everyone, obviously. That's okay.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
09-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Looks cool. I'm gonna give this one a go! Thanks.
09-28-2015, 09:28 AM
Not free in the Philippines App Store
09-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Hell yeah!! This game has been on my wish list for ages.
09-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puke Aces View Post
Not free in the Philippines App Store
I got it free off the PH appstore dood.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Im with Vovin on this one. Not for me i guess. The timer is really what broke it for me. Couldve been a fantastic time waster like how clickers are with its tap-and-watch as you bowl-through mechanics, but the timer made it feel more like a hassle to play.

Oh, and there are full screen opt-in ads, im not sure why they are there on a $3 premium, but they are not intrusive at all so i guess it's ok.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Yep. Agree with Vovin too.
09-29-2015, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im with Vovin on this one. Not for me i guess. The timer is really what broke it for me. Couldve been a fantastic time waster like how clickers are with its tap-and-watch as you bowl-through mechanics, but the timer made it feel more like a hassle to play.

Oh, and there are full screen opt-in ads, im not sure why they are there on a $3 premium, but they are not intrusive at all so i guess it's ok.

Yeah, the game doesn't let you play at your own pace and that's not fun or cool, you have just no time to think about your next move. The game forces you through the levels at top speed. That's when you make mistakes and then it's: try again.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.