★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dead King (next game from Wizard Golf Dev)

09-29-2015, 09:18 AM
Dead King (next game from Wizard Golf Dev)

Dead King is an autorunning platformer starring a resurrected, deposed king. The catch is that you must buy back all of your abilities to return to the throne.

At the start you can only jump. But by finding gold hidden through the levels, you can get new abilities like double jump and the ability to crash through barricades. Instead of there being one endless level there are dozens of distinct levels across different environments.

I am in the early stages of development. Will be opening TestFlight beta soon so I really want to get the feedback of the TA community.

Sign up to get updates and a free PC / Mac Game: Adventure Mountain Exclusive Club

Try my games
Wizard Golf RPG
Drill Planet
Rotato
09-29-2015, 09:20 AM
This has just caught my eye!

09-29-2015, 01:18 PM
Heck yeah, this looks like it'll be good fun. I'd be happy to beta test this!
10-03-2015, 11:35 AM
A little more about how the level structure will work. There will be 4 distinct areas and each will have a series of randomly generated levels. If players are getting stuck on any level they can opt to "re-roll" the level for a chance to get a more favorable path.

I will have more screenshots of the world in a bit. But for now, here is a picture of the king grabbing some money.

Sign up to get updates and a free PC / Mac Game: Adventure Mountain Exclusive Club

Try my games
Wizard Golf RPG
Drill Planet
Rotato
10-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Lookd fun, i like the style and graphics,
I will keep an eye for this

is it free or pay ?
10-05-2015, 09:30 AM
This has just caught my eye, looking great
10-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Wow, this looks really great. I like the idea of earning back all the abilities.

Sounds familiar to Run Roo Run? Or will you be going for distance rather than doing a tiny level
10-06-2015, 10:26 PM
It is going to be a paid game and no ads or anything (although you can buy a gem doubler).

Try my games
Wizard Golf RPG
Drill Planet
Rotato
10-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Cool! Checking Run Roo Run right now. I was thinking longer levels that would take you about 1 minute to beat. The levels will be somewhat auto generated.

Try my games
Wizard Golf RPG
Drill Planet
Rotato
10-09-2015, 10:53 AM
I am still setting up the Beta test for Dead King. Just need to work out some of these auto-level generator bugs.

If you are interested in testing it, please message me and I will add you to the list.

Try my games
Wizard Golf RPG
Drill Planet
Rotato