★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Freeverse, Inc.
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 26.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Fairy Trails is an augmented reality game that opens a window to the fairy world. Turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a magical creature-detector with Fairy Trails!

Shake your device to power the detector and then scan your surroundings. Fairy Trails uses the camera and compass of the iPhone 3G S to merge the real world and game world in spectacular ways! For iPod Touch owners without a built-in camera, a stunning forest setting is rendered for the fairies to inhabit.

Simply tap the creatures to collect them in your jars. The more fairies you capture, the more power you'll have to detect the new, faster fairies.

Kids of all ages will be enchanted with Fairy Trails!

iPhone 3GS - Full range of motion using compass-based movement
Older iPhones and all iPod Touches - Full accelerometer-based vertical movement

iPhone OS 3.1 required

Check-out our other great games and apps... Moto Chaser, Flick Fishing, Postman, Flick Bowling, SlotZ Racer, and more!
09-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Augmented reality games are always fun.

This ... looks like twice-fried ass though. Way, way below the standards I'd expect from Freeverse. What the hell is up with the aliasing/marks all over the fairy bodies like a horrible cut & paste job?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 09-27-2009 at 10:12 AM.

09-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Is that seriously a Freeverse game? It looks awful. I don't care that I can have fairies flying around in front of me if they don't look halfway decent.
09-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Looking at the fairies, id rather them look like cartoons.

Made that a while ago for AquaGlobs .
09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey all,
Yes, Fairy Trails is out now! This was a fun side project we used to explore the Aug Reality tech...it's more of an entertainment app then a full on game and geared more towards the younger set.

Speaking of augmented reality, what sort of AR games would you guys like to see made?
09-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydia View Post
Hey all,
Yes, Fairy Trails is out now! This was a fun side project we used to explore the Aug Reality tech...it's more of an entertainment app then a full on game and geared more towards the younger set.

Speaking of augmented reality, what sort of AR games would you guys like to see made?
how about the holodeck?

Artist | Designer
@PixelDogmeat
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydia View Post
Hey all,

Cartoons.
They escaped from the television
Better go chase em down... no seriously go.

Made that a while ago for AquaGlobs .
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Is there a video on this game? I want to get this for my kids but the shaking part has me worry a bit. I don't want them to drop my phone....
09-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Is that seriously a Freeverse game? It looks awful. I don't care that I can have fairies flying around in front of me if they don't look halfway decent.
Wtf this is from Freeverse?! Oh yeah... Wow this looks extremely lame

Wait, just got word that this uses the camera and compass function

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
10-02-2009, 07:41 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldc View Post
Is there a video on this game? I want to get this for my kids but the shaking part has me worry a bit. I don't want them to drop my phone....
Video http://www.slidetoplay.com/video/fai...hands-on-video

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon