★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A totally new puzzle game based on the rules of Chess.

One of CNET's Best Mobile Games of September 2015 and GameZebo's New iOS Games You Should Be Playing.

slick, simple and refined... a great way to stretch your mind and learn more about how to play. ~ CNET

...very solid and an entertaining puzzler for anyone looking for a fun challenge and interesting twist on an old classic. 4/5 stars ~ InstallAndPlay.com

Anyone who is familiar with the rules of Chess is bound to enjoy No More Kings ~ iPlayApps.de

Take on the king in over 100 levels of mind-bending brain teasers! Can you earn 3 stars on every level? Share your best times and challenge your friends.

Features:
- A totally new & unique puzzle mechanic
- Over 100 levels to put your brain to the test
- Play levels over and over again to get the fastest time
- Learn the ropes quickly with a guided tutorial

How to play:
- Each level is played on a standard 8x8 chess board
- Your goal is to capture the king
- Your starting piece is highlighted
- On each move, you have to capture another piece
- Each piece can move in any direction
- Moves follow standard chess rules:
:: Bishops move in diagonal lines
:: Rooks move in straight lines
:: Knights move 2 then 1 or 1 then 2
- When you capture a piece, you become that piece
- You have to capture all the pieces on your way to the king
- Each level has a solution! Can you crack every level?

Thanks for playing!

Montoya's comments:
Hi all, just released this game yesterday, been working on it for almost a year, it's a challenging puzzle game based on the rules of Chess. Free download with additional level packs available for purchase. Please have a look and let me know your thoughts

Demo + app store download link: montoyaindustries.com/nomorekings/

09-30-2015, 07:55 AM
Very smart! I love chess and puzzles so I might grab that one

09-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Great twist on chess. I like it a lot!
09-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Hey this is pretty cool.
Any chance of a future endless mode, like how many kings can you capture in a row or something?
09-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Hey this is pretty cool.
Any chance of a future endless mode, like how many kings can you capture in a row or something?
Gonna be honest, I tried building something like this, which required generating puzzles automatically, and it was a nightmare to code... I just couldn't come up with an algorithm that would distribute the pieces correctly. So probably not. But, I do have ideas for various game modes in future updates!

Play No More Kings (free download for iPhone / Android)
09-30-2015, 02:09 PM
This looks good. Is the title a reference to the Pavement song that originally appeared on the Schoolhouse Rocks compilation? Asking because Pavement rules. Either way, looking forward to trying this.
09-30-2015, 03:01 PM
I am all for buying more levels. However, 30 level packs from now you've paid $30. Now, that's all optional & I don't think wrong. I'm curious if there could be a buy now & get all packs in the future. This is not to seem cheap, I am all for premium ad-free nonsense. I also think it's crazy to spend what it would cost to get everything in say, Hearthstonre. Great game, but hundreds of dollars later is absurd, though not to everyone.

The game is really cool so far!!!! I'm really excited about this!!!!
09-30-2015, 03:49 PM
I love this game but it needs more animations that show the actual piece movements. Since chess pieces all behave in a specific way, it would be a great way to actually help those people who have never played chess. If the Dev added in some visual flair, this game would be a solid 5 stars for me.
10-01-2015, 08:47 AM
No hints please. Need to be able to turn that off.
10-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinHadoukin View Post
No hints please. Need to be able to turn that off.
Understood! I will add a way to turn it off in a future update.

Play No More Kings (free download for iPhone / Android)

Last edited by Montoya; 10-01-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: adding quote from ShinHadoukin