★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The year 20xx, humanity can travel the universe using space bending portals. But through these portals a race of alien insects began to appear on Earth, destroying everything on their way. A team that could cope with this threat was assembled, the Mighty Strike Team!

** NOW WITH MFi CONTROLLERS SUPPORT**

** SHARE YOUR MISSIONS USING THE REPLAY BUTTON **

- Unlock characters to complete the team!
- A boss battle at the end of each section!
- A variety of weapons to use against the invaders!
- See your replays and share it with your friends!
- 60 challenging levels, hard as you remember of classic arcade games!
- An excellent soundtrack to feel that classic arcade vibe while youre playing! You can hear and buy the amazing soundtrack here http://threechainlinks.bandcamp.com/album/mighty-strike-team-ost !

foobraco's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
09-30-2015, 09:59 AM
I was like "Didnt i play this before?" til i saw the Megaman-ish boss battle teaser.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

09-30-2015, 11:05 AM
I was lucky to be able to play this prior to release and it is absolutely fantastic. This is not an easy game, but not so hard that you'll stop playing. The dev struck a nice balance here, and the retro graphics are the icing on the cake.
09-30-2015, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
I was lucky to be able to play this prior to release and it is absolutely fantastic. This is not an easy game, but not so hard that you'll stop playing. The dev struck a nice balance here, and the retro graphics are the icing on the cake.
Thanks for the comment! It really means a lot to us that you think all of that!
09-30-2015, 11:08 PM
These awesome people were kind enough to give me an early game code and I could not stop playing this game . It's crazy good and addictive. I'll be spending so many more hours on this game on top of the many I've already spent. It's a must download . 5/5
09-30-2015, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I was like "Didnt i play this before?" til i saw the Megaman-ish boss battle teaser.
There was another game very similar to this one released several years ago, but I can't remember its name...
09-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
There was another game very similar to this one released several years ago, but I can't remember its name...
Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-01-2015, 12:02 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Super Crate Box yet.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
10-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Super Crate Box yet.
There's SCB influences for sure! I think the most obvious is the single screen format of the game. But we put a lot of work in the level progression and the mission objectives of the game, so it might look similar but I hope when you get to play you'll see it feels very different
10-01-2015, 12:32 PM
I play tested this game . Playing it on an Ipad 2 now. Its challenging, i've played a lot of Megaman games before so its definitely something i would recommend if you like those kinds of games.