★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hit The Button is an intense action role playing game with innovative, context-aware single-button controls. Press, hold and double-tap to fight your way through endless waves of enemies. Gather experience to become the most powerful hero in the world. Complete quests to gain epic gear for your character.

teemuprkl's comments:

Hello! The developer of Hit The Button RPG here. I just released my action RPG. It's a fun little hack'n'slash game with a unique twist: all character actions are done with a single button - but it's not a mindless button bashing game as the length and frequency determine what the character does.

All the "standard" action RPG stuff is of course included; character progression via stat points, randomly generated loot, different monster types and variants (giant, ice etc), ultra rare boss encounters and so on.

Hope you enjoy it, and remember: keep calm and hit the button

10-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Requires ios 9, I'll try it out if I ever upgrade.

10-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Liked it

Cool man though I felt a little sorry for the monsters cause most of them are actually cute. I've only played a few levels but so far looking good. So are there any easter eggs hiding in there?
10-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Are there more enemies aside from the rats? If not that might be a little too boring even for this type of game other then that it's great clicker RPGs are my guilty pleasure and this one is pretty darn enjoyable so far
10-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Didn't even get past the pop-up that says you share my information with other advertisers. Deleted.
10-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
Didn't even get past the pop-up that says you share my information with other advertisers. Deleted.
I'm sorry to hear that. The European laws require this information to be stated to the end users. Since I am using Google's AdMob to display ads, I feel it's only fair to be open about the usage of cookies (instead of hiding it in some 40-page EULA). As far as I know, any game using AdMob should show similar pop-up, at least to the European players.

More information on the cookie consent can be found for example here.
10-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Are there more enemies aside from the rats? If not that might be a little too boring even for this type of game other then that it's great clicker RPGs are my guilty pleasure and this one is pretty darn enjoyable so far
Glad to hear you are liking my game New enemy types start appearing every ten level or so, and there are also giant, fast etc. variants of the monsters which also make things a bit more interesting.
10-05-2015, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemuprkl View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. The European laws require this information to be stated to the end users. Since I am using Google's AdMob to display ads, I feel it's only fair to be open about the usage of cookies (instead of hiding it in some 40-page EULA). As far as I know, any game using AdMob should show similar pop-up, at least to the European players.

More information on the cookie consent can be found for example here.
Just ad mob? The pop up made it sound so much more nefarious lol. My bad, it seems I should have inquired before passing judgement. Gonna download again and give it an actual fair chance this time. Apologies.
10-05-2015, 04:22 PM
heads up. latest iOS 9 public beta won't uninstall the app and reboots the device without requiring a passcode.

EDIT: just downgraded to the public release and it wasn't a problem

Last edited by kleerkoat; 10-05-2015 at 07:24 PM.
10-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciferus View Post
Cool man though I felt a little sorry for the monsters cause most of them are actually cute. I've only played a few levels but so far looking good. So are there any easter eggs hiding in there?
Indeed there are some easter eggs Without spoiling too much, the shopkeeper and tavern keeper both have some interesting things to say - there's even an achievement related to that. Then there are also some ultra rare encounters, which aren't exactly 'easter eggs' but still very exciting once you bump into them. Perhaps I'll start dropping hints on how to improve your chances on getting those encounters...

Last edited by teemuprkl; 10-06-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Added quote