★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Only 1 Way Out

10-02-2015, 04:57 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Only 1 Way Out


Hey guys, I have just launched my first ever unity game after 1-year of code learning, and would appreciate for any feedback from gamers, so I can make improvement and get prepared for my next game! (Hopefully )

Get it on App Store:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/only-one-way-out/id996353266


If you are interested in my development journey, feel free to follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Game1p

PEACE OUT =]
10-02-2015, 08:41 AM
#2
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,123
HK! What a lovely city. I wanted to go to HK to support the umbrella movement ^^ couldn't make it. I'll give this one a try right away

10-02-2015, 08:54 AM
#3
10-02-2015, 09:04 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,123
Nice little game! I unlocked the firefighter's truck which is the nicest to my point of view. The game is well done and very charming but it lags a little bit on my iPhone 5c, otherwise I like it very much!
10-02-2015, 10:17 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,826
Not bad at all for your first game! I've been playing for the past 30 minutes to get a really good feel of the game.

For everyone else this game is a high score chaser where there is a huge tornado on the road behind you grinding up the road and vehicles. You must avoid obstacles and on coming traffic and keep your speed up so that tornado doesn't catch up to you lol. You collect coins, power ups and repairs along the way. The coins are used to unlock other vehicles.

What I liked:

The controls. They are simple but they work perfectly. Very easy to get the hang of and its precise. I like all the different vehicle choices. I like the no ads And unlock all Iap that makes the game premium. I like the suspense of being chased but it's not so stressful that it's not enjoyable. You did great with the gameplay elements.

What I didn't like:

The ads are aggressive. Banner AND full screen forced video ads? That's too much and you are going to push people away. Scale it back a bit. You already have ads that reward coins. Leave the banner ads for when the actual game is not being played, like after a game is completed, in the menus and store, but not during the actual gameplay. And dump the forced video ads. Make the non forced ads that reward you coins more promenant, such as a screen after a crash. Trust me I don't mind watching ads where I get rewarded coins. But being forced all the ads turns me away. Also your price point of $5 to unlock all the vehicles is fine if you also include no ads. It's a bit much to ask for both. I'm trying to help you be successful. I actually like the game. The scenery on the side of the road is too bland. I guarantee you will get complaints on that.

I have a question, how do we know how much damage the vehicle can take and has left? It's like you have to guess but what's the maximum? There needs to be a visual clue.

Overall if you address the above I would absolutely recommend the game. Don't be offended by my remarks. I believe in being honest and saying things straight. Especially when I like a game.

Also I have a vehicle request. I would like a tank that fires. It could have a decent reload timer and fire automatically when there's a vehicle in front of it. The reload timer would balance the gameplay. Lol

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 10-02-2015 at 10:24 AM.
10-02-2015, 10:36 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Taiwan & Japan
Posts: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Not bad at all for your first game! I've been playing for the past 30 minutes to get a really good feel of the game.

For everyone else this game is a high score chaser where there is a huge tornado on the road behind you grinding up the road and vehicles. You must avoid obstacles and on coming traffic and keep your speed up so that tornado doesn't catch up to you lol. You collect coins, power ups and repairs along the way. The coins are used to unlock other vehicles.

What I liked:

The controls. They are simple but they work perfectly. Very easy to get the hang of and its precise. I like all the different vehicle choices. I like the no ads And unlock all Iap that makes the game premium. I like the suspense of being chased but it's not so stressful that it's not enjoyable. You did great with the gameplay elements.

What I didn't like:

The ads are aggressive. Banner AND full screen forced video ads? That's too much and you are going to push people away. Scale it back a bit. You already have ads that reward coins. Leave the banner ads for when the actual game is not being played, like after a game is completed, in the menus and store, but not during the actual gameplay. And dump the forced video ads. Make the non forced ads that reward you coins more promenant, such as a screen after a crash. Trust me I don't mind watching ads where I get rewarded coins. But being forced all the ads turns me away. Also your price point of $5 to unlock all the vehicles is fine if you also include no ads. It's a bit much to ask for both. I'm trying to help you be successful. I actually like the game. The scenery on the side of the road is too bland. I guarantee you will get complaints on that.

I have a question, how do we know how much damage the vehicle can take and has left? It's like you have to guess but what's the maximum? There needs to be a visual clue.

Overall if you address the above I would absolutely recommend the game. Don't be offended by my remarks. I believe in being honest and saying things straight. Especially when I like a game.

Also I have a vehicle request. I would like a tank that fires. It could have a decent reload timer and fire automatically when there's a vehicle in front of it. The reload timer would balance the gameplay. Lol

Billy
I second all That ^^ can't agree more
10-02-2015, 10:53 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,826
You know I forgot to add, there should be a coin doubler too. Some people are nuts about collecting every single thing in a game. People will definitely buy the no ads and the coin doubler. I would. I just purchased the no ads

Billy
10-02-2015, 08:54 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
You know I forgot to add, there should be a coin doubler too. Some people are nuts about collecting every single thing in a game. People will definitely buy the no ads and the coin doubler. I would. I just purchased the no ads

Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Nice little game! I unlocked the firefighter's truck which is the nicest to my point of view. The game is well done and very charming but it lags a little bit on my iPhone 5c, otherwise I like it very much!
Thankssssss for giving a try on the game Noticing the lag problem too as by brother is still using an iPhone4s....will try to fix it on the coming updates.

I personally like the firefighter's truck most =] that's why i used it as the app icon LOL.
Thanks for supporting the game and HK! Bro fest

Last edited by whyphi; 10-02-2015 at 09:13 PM.
10-02-2015, 09:11 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Not bad at all for your first game! I've been playing for the past 30 minutes to get a really good feel of the game.

For everyone else this game is a high score chaser where there is a huge tornado on the road behind you grinding up the road and vehicles. You must avoid obstacles and on coming traffic and keep your speed up so that tornado doesn't catch up to you lol. You collect coins, power ups and repairs along the way. The coins are used to unlock other vehicles.

What I liked:

The controls. They are simple but they work perfectly. Very easy to get the hang of and its precise. I like all the different vehicle choices. I like the no ads And unlock all Iap that makes the game premium. I like the suspense of being chased but it's not so stressful that it's not enjoyable. You did great with the gameplay elements.

What I didn't like:

The ads are aggressive. Banner AND full screen forced video ads? That's too much and you are going to push people away. Scale it back a bit. You already have ads that reward coins. Leave the banner ads for when the actual game is not being played, like after a game is completed, in the menus and store, but not during the actual gameplay. And dump the forced video ads. Make the non forced ads that reward you coins more promenant, such as a screen after a crash. Trust me I don't mind watching ads where I get rewarded coins. But being forced all the ads turns me away. Also your price point of $5 to unlock all the vehicles is fine if you also include no ads. It's a bit much to ask for both. I'm trying to help you be successful. I actually like the game. The scenery on the side of the road is too bland. I guarantee you will get complaints on that.

I have a question, how do we know how much damage the vehicle can take and has left? It's like you have to guess but what's the maximum? There needs to be a visual clue.

Overall if you address the above I would absolutely recommend the game. Don't be offended by my remarks. I believe in being honest and saying things straight. Especially when I like a game.

Also I have a vehicle request. I would like a tank that fires. It could have a decent reload timer and fire automatically when there's a vehicle in front of it. The reload timer would balance the gameplay. Lol

Billy
Truly truly thankful for your nice review Billy! I have received some of the complains too based on the force video ads, agree to your point that it seems to be too many ads and it pushes people away. Will try to get rid some of the ads in coming updates.

The scenery.... oh boy oh boy... you are very very true! At first i don't have anything besides the trees and i have thought of putting some HK landmarks into the game after receiving some of the feedback. I've tried and it's way more time consuming to build those buildings, i'm thinking to add in train (passing by) may help a bit of the boring scenery?

The damage is not calculated dynamically in this version, i am now testing the possibility to make use of it to create a more interesting gameplay. (hope so :P)

Thanks for posting all your honest comments and review, it means a lot to me actually... a year of self learn coding is not as easy as i thought...

A TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!! I'm currently building other vehicles too love to hear all your suggestions.

PEACE out~