what happened to maglor?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by onebigdoor, Oct 3, 2015.

1. onebigdoor

onebigdoor Active Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Hudson Valley, NY
    i keep seeing hubbub in the comments about some "incident" but i'd like to know what happened. the comments threads on the "out now" post are usually the best way to quickly separate wheat from chaff, and the maglor post at the top of each one was like a welcome mat. so where'd the kitty go?

2. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Although I think this belongs in the "Middle-aged ladies gossiping at the beauty salon hair dryer" sub-forum (is there one of those? If not, there should be), esentially some people recently expressed that they were growing tired of the ascii cat's posts, and suggested that he added something more substantial to the conversation. Apparently Maglor opted instead to leave altogether. Hopefully Maglor returns, time will tell. For what it's worth, the cat really didn't add anything to the separation of wheat from chaff, as most of the posts pertained to games that weren't out yet, so they would have no more knowledge of those games than you or I. Hopefully this puts the questions to bed, as the answer just isn't that interesting, or really any of anyone's business, unless people are worried about his safety or well-being, which is where my foremost interest lies.

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Hey, what about if I start to post this dog?
    (\
    (\_\_^__o
    ___ `-'/ `_/
    '`--\______/ |
    ' / |
    ` . ' `-`/.------'\^-'
    Ok, no, bad idea
    And the dog just decided to kill itself after I posted my reply, now it's all messed up :/

4. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    man - maglor's cat is one of those things I'll never tire of, even his words like I'm having so much fun - godbless are works of proper genius. Why does the internet have to be so humourless. Proper good luck, Maglor - i did really come to love that cat.

5. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    There are just too many angry, miserable people in the world who would rather put someone down than take a fraction of a second to scroll past a harmless post that they don't like. It's sad.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Someone got mad that Maglor didn't actually say anything relevant and starting flaming. Don't know how the ban occurred.

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    The comments on the front pages are like another dimension sometimes. Some people seem to rush to post without reading the content because they either want to be first, or they think their options are so important that they must comment straight away. Some people read the articles and have this crazy ability to change the words that actually were written to something totally different and put words in the authors mouth or get pissy at what they think they've read.

The cat was harmless and really easy peasy to scroll past if you don't like it. People moaning about it not adding anything to the convo, were also doing the same in moaning instead of just simply scrolling past like a reasonable person. Seeing that cat meant someone was happy, much better than the "weak week" crap and moaning about liking the look of a weeks releases.

As they say though, it takes all sorts.

8. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I just want to know how he was always the first post. Did TA folks move it to the top?

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm guessing that his posts were getting the most upvotes/likes/whatever they're called and hence always at the top. I don't know how that stuff works.

Oh, and yeah...guy needs to come back. :/

10. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I found the cat helpful and hope he returns. Maybe he's just out on a hiatus like cats sometimes like to do.

Seeing the cat would help verify that a game was worth purchasing since it's almost impossible to sort through all the apps without taking time to research. There is just so much garbage in the App Store. Hope he shows up on the doorstep soon!

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Everyt.i.m.e. i see that Cat it'z
    "Oh Snap! It'z Maglor The Cat" = like ✔️
    Heeeey, where iz Maglor? #
    The Cool cat iz gone because there are really mean and hateful people in the world that want others to become mean and hateful with them.
    That person helped some people be happy round these parts and now i see iz alot of sadness and want a return after the mean and hatefullness. Same thing goes for when i see those of my Friends that i communicate with get banned. Sometimes i see it coming to tell them to calm it down abit on what they are doing then i get sad when i come back to TA and they are gone. I will continue to be happy and have fun here on this Awesome site that iz TouchArcade tho at times i do get sad when things like this happen. I hope for The Cat to return as well. P.E.A.C.E.

12. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Hope he returns I remember in his last two posts a couple people went off on him and in return I snapped on them because they were being a holes. Please come back Maglor!

13. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Maybe if we all sent him a PM he would return? A positive message or two could counter all thenegative ones

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    All his accounts seem to have been disabled.

15. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Come to think of it I haven't seen him on Twitter for a while. Maybe he's just taking a little time off.

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    His Twitter account has been deleted. So has his Disqus one. It's annoying as hell because I've tried tracking him down to absolutely no avail.

17. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    To those Members that have done this to Maglor i invite you to return here and apologize to Him for what you have done. It'z only right. Hopefully The Cat will return apon seeing this, Or will you continue to be that way to people that are happy in life?

18. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Conspiracy theory time... maybe TA was secretly operating the Maglor account? It does seem like they try and generate interest for many games that aren't worth mentioning, imo. After all, If people aren't playing games there is no TA. Maybe TA is involved in chemtrails too, haha!

19. somedumbgamer

May 4, 2013
    Maybe he left because you forgot his birthday#

20. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I think we're jumping to conclusions here. Maybe he's (or she) has moved on to other things. Maybe he's busy in school. Who knows why people do what they do.