Lumberheads - An endless, mood-based, arcade chopping game
Hey! My name is Christian and I'm a solo indie developer working on my second ever game called Lumberheads.
Lumberheads is a calm arcade game where you play as a lumberjack chopping (grilling, blessing, spraying...) an endless stream of wood and delicious apples, while relying on quick reflexes to avoid hitting bee hives, bird eggs and other pesky objects.
Apples are the main currency and can be used to purchase train tickets, house upgrades and garden renovations.
Despite the name, a lumberjack isn't the only person you will encounter in this game. You can play as a rich gentleman, a moody cat, someone's mother and many more.
To play as one of these characters (called Lumberheads), they must first move in.
Most Lumberheads will arrive via a local train station and move in just like that! The others will take a bit more persuasion.
If you have enough apples, more than one Lumberhead can move in at a time. While waiting, they may engage in awkward conversation...
You also have an apple tree to take care of. This will be your primary source of apples.
There's also the Sky Realm, but I'll reveal more about that later.
- Simple, reaction-based gameplay
- Fill your household with a variety of different characters. Each with their own personalities and their own way of changing gameplay.
- See what your Lumberhead is thinking and feeling at the end of every game and interact with their thoughts.
- Own your very own apple tree (the irony of a lumberjack owning a tree). Water it, fertilise it, harvest it, but don't ignore it!
- Visit the Sky Realm and receive blessings from the RNGod, granting the player with temporary "luck". He may also cause your tree to bear special fruit...
- None of that freemium paywall garbage.
The game has transformed quite a bit from its original design (the feature creep got to me, though I'm happy it did)
Here's a before and after of the game for those interested: http://imgur.com/a/F7mQg
I am aiming to release sometime this month. Beta testing will come very soon.
You can follow development on twitter: @vyybr
There is also a website: lumberheads.com
Last edited by vybr; 10-09-2015 at 07:07 AM.