★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 1px is a minimalist retro platform game with simple yet challenging gameplay, as well as a focus on speedrunning.

Touch the sides of the screen to move, and try to get to the final boss!

Eli's comments:

1px

Ulysse Ramage
Genres: Games Arcade Adventure
Free

Quote:
1px is a minimalist retro platform game with simple yet challenging gameplay, as well as a focus on speedrunning.

Touch the sides of the screen to move, and try to get to the final boss!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 9.6MB

10-07-2015, 11:36 AM
TRAILER:

Quote:
** More games, apps, previews and deals at AppLast

10-08-2015, 04:28 AM
Unapologetically minimal aesthetics.

The bounce mechanic reminds me a little of SpikeDislike3
10-08-2015, 05:15 AM
A little underwhelming, I finished in under 10 minutes. But it's free and it was fun while it lasted so I can't complain!
10-08-2015, 09:40 AM
If anyone could tell me how to pass level 15 that'd be great. I barely died before then...I think I've tried at least 100 times. No dice so far
10-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Fun little game with some tricky little levels.
10-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Fun little game with some tricky little levels.
Grabbed this after seeing your post. Thanks Cloudy!

I like this game, but the wall jumping is not intuitive. Without knowing how to wall jump properly or maybe it's the controls(?), I could not get past level 9. I had fun up until that point.

A level menu would be nice. How many levels are there?

Of course, GC would be cool too, but then again this game is free without any ads, so...

Edit: I guess I could google it, but what is PX referencing? I've played 14PX which is part of the same genre. That's a fun game.

Last edited by paulkane; 10-11-2015 at 08:42 PM.
10-12-2015, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkane View Post
Grabbed this after seeing your post. Thanks Cloudy!

I like this game, but the wall jumping is not intuitive. Without knowing how to wall jump properly or maybe it's the controls(?), I could not get past level 9. I had fun up until that point.

A level menu would be nice. How many levels are there?

Of course, GC would be cool too, but then again this game is free without any ads, so...

Edit: I guess I could google it, but what is PX referencing? I've played 14PX which is part of the same genre. That's a fun game.
I assumed pixels? I could be way off the mark though and everyone will be LOLing

Agree with the wall jumping, it feels more like luck than anything I had control over that cleared some sections, for some reason when I went to replay and selected "load game" I start back at 1 and second time round I'm stuck at 9 too.
10-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
I assumed pixels? I could be way off the mark though and everyone will be LOLing

Agree with the wall jumping, it feels more like luck than anything I had control over that cleared some sections, for some reason when I went to replay and selected "load game" I start back at 1 and second time round I'm stuck at 9 too.
I was thinking maybe a game I had never heard of...What do I know?

Yeah, with those "spike edges" at the tops of the wall and the janky wall jumping, I think 9 is the end of it for me.