★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How do the New games list update

12-22-2008, 03:22 AM
How do the New games list update

Im just curious as to how the new games list page updates...do you manually place each new game there or do you somehow automatically get it to go there? Can someone explain the process?
thanks
12-24-2008, 05:13 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Quote:
Originally Posted by field5 View Post
Im just curious as to how the new games list page updates...do you manually place each new game there or do you somehow automatically get it to go there? Can someone explain the process?
thanks
Are you talking about touchArcade or the AppStore?

I'm assuming TA. New Games (pr other sections) list updates automatically by putting the thread with the most recent reply on top. So when I post this, this thread wil be on top of the 'Site Feedback and News' list

AppStore's list is updated by the most recent game and/or update to an already released game.

Hope some of this helps!
12-24-2008, 07:21 PM
They have some kind of tracking thing to tell whenever new apps come out. They're usually a bit slow though.
12-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I think it has something to do with some kind of feed. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but maybe Arn could tell you if he sees this thread. I'm slightly interested in how it works as well.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
Are you talking about touchArcade or the AppStore?

I'm assuming TA. New Games (pr other sections) list updates automatically by putting the thread with the most recent reply on top. So when I post this, this thread wil be on top of the 'Site Feedback and News' list

AppStore's list is updated by the most recent game and/or update to an already released game.

Hope some of this helps!
Ignore the above, I misread
12-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I'd also like to know .

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?