★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Need Your Help (new game)

09-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Need Your Help (new game)

Hi there,

We are creating a new tower defense game that plays a little differently.
We can really use your help to tell us what you think of our game play concept.

1) The actual "battles" are very short...one long wave. However, there are many many battles to complete in the game.

2) You have 7 towers that you can place. However, you must place the towers at the beginning of each battle and cannot move them during the battle.

3) Before the battle you will equip your towers with specific weapons and power ups. You cannot upgrade/change your towers until after the battle is over.

4) Unlike most Tower Defense games, the towers do not shoot themselves. To shoot, you will tap the screen near the tower. The longer you touch, the stronger the shot.

Questions:
1) Do you like this twist on the TD genre?
2) Do you think your towers should shoot where you tap? Or just automatically shoot at the farthest enemy like other TD games.
3) Any other suggestions?

Thanks
09-28-2009, 01:58 AM
Well personally, I believe that there are already enough Tower Defense games for the iPhone, especially with the release of geoDefense: Swarm.

hi
09-28-2009, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Well personally, I believe that there are already enough Tower Defense games for the iPhone, especially with the release of geoDefense: Swarm.
The app store is swamped with really good (and bad) Tower Defense games. It's going to be really hard to stand out from the crowd
09-28-2009, 04:07 AM
If you think it's a fun game, then go for it. if the game doesn't do well, then at least you will have done it, learned from it, and can make a better one afterwords. If it does do well, GREAT!

I say, make the game before you start asking for input. You want people to have something tangible to critique, and to give feedback on.