Rewards! $10(x3) via Paypal - for your ideas!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Platypus2, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Platypus2

Platypus2 Member

Sep 22, 2015
    #1 Platypus2, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Hi everyone!
    We are developing an adventure puzzle game, playing as a girl named Leela she has fallen into a beautiful and mysterious cave and here laws of nature behave differently! you must help her to get back home!

We need your ideas about what you would like to see or do in the game.
    It can be about anything like chapter themes, ideas for levels or mechanics, even what animal you like to see flying in the game.... (flying bird-elephant hybrid for example!)

We will choose the best ideas few days after end of contest (end date: 2015.10.20) then we will ask for payment details of winners and when the reward is sent we will post here to let you know.
    (Paypal might reduce a little amount from receiver of payment, you can check that on their site)

TouchArcade link for complete story and more art:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3692290#post3692290

P.S. first chapter will be ready within few weeks!

Thank you for reading : D and mention your ideas bellow.

Concept art:
    [​IMG]

2. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    It would be good if she can adopt Animal ability!
    For example she meet with butterfly goddess and she can use butterfly ability for some times (and then the ability cool down for minutes) and so on.
    Probably like that old game of Junglebook :)

3. Platypus2

Platypus2 Member

Sep 22, 2015
    @jetveetlev
    Very interesting idea! thank you.

4. Nemmox

Nemmox Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    #4 Nemmox, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    My first idea from the oldies

Maybe she can give some to specific animals or insects some candys to eat (throw out the candies into their mouths), so they fall sleep and she dress with they, you known like Little Nemo The Dream Master of NES. So, she can fall sleep a frog, she dress with him and she can swim and jump, in whater she can give some candy to a fish and dress with him and swim faster and straight. Or a gorilla to gain strength and more life points.

* My twitter is @AngryNerdcore

* I just wanna win a $10 Gift card of iTunes, i hope to win some!

5. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I hope there will be a dynamic background where you can see animals flying and walking around. I think that would be nice.

6. Platypus2

Platypus2 Member

Sep 22, 2015
    @Nemmox
    Thank you for your suggestion, but it has similarities to suggestion of jetveetlev.
    About the reward we can only send through Paypal because iTunes gift card is limited to each country.

@iANiMeX
    Very unique suggestion thank you.

7. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #7 modus_ataraxia, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    You have the basic premise of defying the laws of nature, so there's are plenty of ideas that you can use that would make for interesting puzzles. The first that comes to mind using plants, is time-lapse. You know the effect where video footage is sped up of a plant growing and eventually blooming? Your protagonist could influence the growth speed of plants, to change how they interact with the area around her. For example, a mushroom sits on the ground next to a large wall, but if she uses this ability to rapidly grow it, it becomes a large, bouncy mushroom that could send her over the wall.

Other nature related themes and mechanics could be to control plants to a degree. Your protagonist might be able to persuade plants to move in certain directions, such as causing vines to shift into a ladder pattern to climb up an obstacle, or a bridge pattern to go over a gap. This is easily done narratively by having her "influence" the plants (and nature) in a non-verbal way. She touches them, or motions to them, and they move. Maybe she has them wrap around her body, and move her from one place to another. You have possibilities here.

Usually, settings like this are based heavily around the idea of wonder and exploration. Your design and narrative would likely do well if it is highly influenced by strange and exciting creatures, and the gameplay is structured around adventure and discovery.

And this is just going off the concept art involving that thick vegetation. Defying nature,of course, has many other possibilities:
    - Defying or flipping gravity.
    - Changing water levels (rising or falling)
    - Communicating with nature (narrative)
    - Changing the physics of an object (making something soft, hard, bouncy, floaty, etc.)
    - Producing or dispelling light (small, faerie-like lights, or even full day/night cycle transitions)
    - Changing how the world interacts with the protagonist during both day and night (day is safe, night is dangerous)

I also really love the idea of the world being split into two dimensions. Maybe one of the dimensions is where everything is safe and harmonious, and the other is a twisted version of the same place. Everything has changed for the worse, but the protagonist needs to journey through it in order to save the safe half from becoming the same way.

Best of luck with your game. It sounds interesting. ;)

8. Platypus2

Platypus2 Member

Sep 22, 2015
    @modus_ataraxia
    You mention many valuable points, thank you!

9. Platypus2

Platypus2 Member

Sep 22, 2015
    #9 Platypus2, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    The contest is ended!
    We will add the most helpful ideas to our idea list.
    The winners are:
    @modus_ataraxia
    @jetveetlev
    @iANiMeX

Please PM me your Paypal payment information and we will send you the reward within few days.

Update: on 21th i received no PMs yet and i sent PM to winners.

10. Platypus2

Platypus2 Member

Sep 22, 2015
    All rewards are sent : D

11. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Got my prize. Thanks.