★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Orc King is an idle clicker RPG game.

Embark on a grand adventure to redeem your honor and reclaim your homeland from the human heroes. Forge mighty weapons.

Your legend awaits, Orc King.

Featuring:
- Simple clicker style gameplay.
- Gorgeous pixel art with multiple environments.
- A unique luck based system used to forge, upgrade and craft weapons.
- Over 20+ levels of weapons ranging from an axe, a mace, a warhammer, etc.
- Level up and gain skills.
- Build your kingdom to gain you gold even when the game is closed.
- Treasures and scrolls to collect.
- Quests to complete.
- Defeat the super unique boss and spin the wheel of fortune for richness.

stanny's comments:

Orc King

Lifebelt Games Pte. Ltd.
Genres: Games Adventure Role Playing
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free


Quote:
Orc King is an idle clicker RPG game.

Embark on a grand adventure to redeem your honor and reclaim your homeland from the human heroes. Forge mighty weapons.

Your legend awaits, Orc King.

Featuring:
- Simple clicker style gameplay.
- Gorgeous pixel art with multiple environments.
- A unique luck based system used to forge, upgrade and craft weapons.
- Over 20+ levels of weapons ranging from an axe, a mace, a warhammer, etc.
- Level up and gain skills.
- Build your kingdom to gain you gold even when the game is closed.
- Treasures and scrolls to collect.
- Quests to complete.
- Defeat the super unique boss and spin the wheel of fortune for richness.












Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 22.4MB



10-14-2015, 09:28 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,206
Just downloaded this one and will check in a few. Hyper Swiper didnt cut it for me, maybe this one will.

EDIT: I love the actual clicking/tapping and combat, but man each of the other screens (forge, scrolls, etc) and exiting out of these screens takes about 5-6 seconds on my ipad air on iOS8.4.1... Is a huge, depressing turn-off.

Turns out even the actual clicking can freeze a couple seconds before continuing.

Pretty bad lag throughout basically. Hopefully this gets sorted before i find something else to play coz this coulda been good, but isnt.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 10-14-2015 at 09:36 AM.

10-14-2015, 07:22 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,013
Agreed on the lag. I'm staring at a screen for way too long and not able to play near quick enough. Have to pass on this one.
10-14-2015, 10:00 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,777
Bravo. I'll give my review here .
edit: love the theme and concept . Fresh take on this genre. Upgrading the weapon brings new scene and higher pay and exp. love that when upgrading you added the chance of breaking weapon starting over so u need a backup . This adds a strategy to the game.
I don't like the load screen when having to upgrade.
This is my 10 minute gameplay review

2nd edit:
After a few days I stopped playing . Load screens are too long, my progression stopped even though played constantly, nothing really left to do but kill the boss really and my weapon and skill levels are underpowered

Last edited by Jayg2015; 10-21-2015 at 08:12 AM.
10-14-2015, 10:50 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 1,442
not sure if its me or if the app is buggy, but after a couple of minutes there was some event and it seems my weapon got reset to the stock club during gameplay, but the upgrade screen shows its something else, i can keep upgrading, but during gameplay i only see a club and appropriate damage, so something is stuck.

i like it enough to reset and give it another go though.

seems when i lost my weapon during upgrade attempt it basically made me start the whole game over again? (other than keeping my character's level/perks i mean).

the concept of weapon breaking during upgrade (in context of this game) is pretty stupid though. it seems you can upgrade to lvl20 (the weapon), but so far I broke mine after every attempt at merely 6.
10-14-2015, 11:19 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 2,777
The weapon break is basically the whole point behind the game. It's a strategy. Mine is at level 15 right now. You have to buy scrolls and upgrade your forge for better percent of success. I love this game . I've never played a clicker like it. A lot of strategy and skill behind this one. Only thing I don't like is the load screens. Right now this will have my next week of gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
not sure if its me or if the app is buggy, but after a couple of minutes there was some event and it seems my weapon got reset to the stock club during gameplay, but the upgrade screen shows its something else, i can keep upgrading, but during gameplay i only see a club and appropriate damage, so something is stuck.

i like it enough to reset and give it another go though.

seems when i lost my weapon during upgrade attempt it basically made me start the whole game over again? (other than keeping my character's level/perks i mean).

the concept of weapon breaking during upgrade (in context of this game) is pretty stupid though. it seems you can upgrade to lvl20 (the weapon), but so far I broke mine after every attempt at merely 6.
10-15-2015, 01:28 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Bravo. I'll give my review here .
edit: love the theme and concept . Fresh take on this genre. Upgrading the weapon brings new scene and higher pay and exp. love that when upgrading you added the chance of breaking weapon starting over so u need a backup . This adds a strategy to the game.
I don't like the load screen when having to upgrade.
This is my 10 minute gameplay review
Thanks for the review. Hopefully we can do something about the load times in a future update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
not sure if its me or if the app is buggy, but after a couple of minutes there was some event and it seems my weapon got reset to the stock club during gameplay, but the upgrade screen shows its something else, i can keep upgrading, but during gameplay i only see a club and appropriate damage, so something is stuck.

i like it enough to reset and give it another go though.

seems when i lost my weapon during upgrade attempt it basically made me start the whole game over again? (other than keeping my character's level/perks i mean).

the concept of weapon breaking during upgrade (in context of this game) is pretty stupid though. it seems you can upgrade to lvl20 (the weapon), but so far I broke mine after every attempt at merely 6.
Did you break your weapon? The way to go is to have a main weapon and use backups to upgrade.

Gun Builder ELITE - Build, customize & fire your own guns.
Gun Builder ELITE HD - For iPad
10-15-2015, 11:42 AM
#8
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,200
What level do you be to beat the first boss? I've a level 13 weapon and really struggling.......
10-15-2015, 02:31 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
What level do you be to beat the first boss? I've a level 13 weapon and really struggling.......
A +15 or +16 weapon should be good.

Gun Builder ELITE - Build, customize & fire your own guns.
Gun Builder ELITE HD - For iPad
10-18-2015, 04:05 AM
#10
At a level 16 weapon now but still cant get past the boss. I guess Im slow at tapping. Hitting a wall because Im too scared to upgrade my hammer and I cant get another one too that level since they keep breaking around 10. I suppose I need to save up for forge upgrades.

Does anyone else feel that most of the experience powerups are under powered? Seems like chests and possibly gold per second are the two worth getting. Its hard to get excited about 1 gold per kill and .1% crafting.