★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's A brand new arcade puzzler from Gamesare Studios, Invoking the memory of classic arcade cabinet games but adding a new twist. Jump on the blocks as the titular character Quadle, changing the block colors till they are red. Once red they fall away. Eliminate all blocks on the screen to go to the next level. Be careful not to corner yourself into a situation where you can't jump to the next block!

With three worlds and a initial offering of 96 levels there is plenty of arcade puzzle action to frustrate I mean to enjoy. Of course just when you think you get the hang of it, Quadle is introduced to new surprises, like switch panels, spring beams, drop blocks and more. Can you get through all 96 levels?

Kisguri's comments:

Quadle

Gamesare Studios
Genres: Games Puzzle Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$0.99 USD

Quote:
It's A brand new arcade puzzler from Gamesare Studios, Invoking the memory of classic arcade cabinet games but adding a new twist. Jump on the blocks as the titular character Quadle, changing the block colors till they are red. Once red they fall away. Eliminate all blocks on the screen to go to the next level. Be careful not to corner yourself into a situation where you can't jump to the next block!

With three worlds and a initial offering of 96 levels there is plenty of arcade puzzle action to frustrate I mean to enjoy. Of course just when you think you get the hang of it, Quadle is introduced to new surprises, like switch panels, spring beams, drop blocks and more. Can you get through all 96 levels?

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPadWifi
  • iPad3G
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1.1

Download Size: 115.9MB

10-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Hello Toucharcaders!

I am the ABSOLUTE worst when it comes to releases! I can't seem to ever get the whole NZ release thing right. Hopefully next game I can get it down. In any case here for your consideration is Quadle. Our little "Arcade Jumping Puzzler" game. No real story, No gimmicks, just your little blue guy and 96 puzzles to negotiate. I know it looks like Q-Bert and in a TON of ways is inspired by it. But the game is different. There are no bad guys chasing you and the mechanics are different. You jump from block to block and indeed this drops the color down. Once the color is red though the block or Qube drops away. You win the board when you remove all the Qubes, you loose the board when you corner yourself and still have Qubes you can't reach. Simple but in later levels i think HARD. But then again you toucharcade game geniuses will probably see what through my game. Cause you guys and gals are awesome and all.

So if you take the gamble and trade me one of your US dollar equivalents for the game. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions. We would love to add or improve to the game if it adds value!

Happy Jumping!

Also on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/384210/

10-14-2015, 10:36 AM
Looks brilliant, and yes a bit like Q-bert, but hey, everyone draws inspiration from somewhere Congrats on the release. Will pick it up tonight.
10-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Brilliant!

@rich_952000 , thank you for the comment. After playing it, if you have time, please let me know your thoughts!
10-14-2015, 03:41 PM
Ok so I just posted my first Live Game Center Score of 1,800 after making to level 9 before cornering my self. The good news there is plenty of room for others to upload a score to the leaderboard, as it currently is only occupied by me!

Quadle has two play modes currently, first mode is Freerun, which works like a lot of iOS games, start with level 1 and play it through each level you unlock you can go back and play with the level selector. The second mode is Scorerun which always starts you at level 1 and let's you play through to you give up and posts your best score to the local table and to Game Center.

HAVE FUN!
10-15-2015, 12:40 AM
leaderboard entries

Woo hoo! I checked the leaderboard on game center before hitting the hay and four more players have posted scores! I know its kind of silly of me, but even after all these years of game development, it super exciting to see people play something I put together!

To those who tried it thanks for giving it a shot and your support, any feedback you have would be most welcome. In the meantime someone go beat my score!!
10-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Hey guys, i'm the artist & musician for the game. Thank you for trying out Quadle and if you enjoyed the experience and would like some see more updates, be sure to rate and review the game in iTunes!
10-19-2015, 10:56 AM
22 people on Game Center

So not to say Quadle is the next victim of Indiepocalypse, but it isn't looking good, LOL. It is my own fault really, I am not doing very well with the art of promotion on this title. (Kicks self in posterior) I do appreciate immensely the 35 people who so far have given Quadle a try. If any of you are reading this, any feedback would be most appreciated!!

In hopes of promoting the game a bit more here is five more codes. If you take one please let us know here and if you like maybe you could be kinda and give a review and some feedback. Happy Quadling!
10-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Looks pretty good to me. That just seems awful to put work into something and see it sell less than 40 copies. Hope things turn around for you.
10-20-2015, 07:25 AM
This is a pretty nice game! I've only completed the first 8 levels so it's early thoughts............graphics are clean, do the job, music is good, there are a couple of control options; both are serviceable although I prefer the swipe as its a little quicker (as you are graded on the speed you complete the levels). Not sure yet if there will be much variation or new mechanics in later levels at this stage. One thing that is definitely needed is a quick restart button; I've been playing free play and it's a bit of a pain to quit out and then select the level again when you just want to dive back in after you've made a mistake. I also noticed a bit of a bug. When I swiped across to world 2 level select it kicked me back to world 1 but overlaid the text. I've been playing on my iPad which is still on iOS 8 though so it might be that. Overall I'd have been happy if I'd bought this and hadn't received a code. I'll play a little more when I get a chance and leave some more feedback.