★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Ghosts of Memories is an adventure puzzle game with 21 unique levels located in 6 stunningly beautiful worlds.

In Ghosts of Memories you will travel across the lands of ancient civilizations, full of undiscovered paths and mysterious puzzles based on tricky tiles.

Help a lone traveller to free a woman trapped in a crystal. Use a mysterious scepter that releases untold powers to solve puzzles. Experience a variety of breathtaking landscapes. This adventure will reveal much more than was expected at the beginning of the journey

ENJOY:

- Beautiful graphics - 2.5-D isometric perspective that combines the details of 2-D artwork with many functionalities of a 3-D environment.

- Unique sound effects - the background music was composed specifically for Ghosts of Memories, and creates an atmosphere as you find your way to your destination by overcoming a series of puzzles. Use headphones to get the best experience.

- Gameplay experience - Carefully designed gameplay will provide you with engaging and demanding experiences, full of unexpected solutions.

======

"The game looks bewitching, and every single aspect of its visual representation is a masterpiece. Ghosts of Memories is definitely a must-have this season." - Pocketmeta

======

* If you encounter any issues with our game, be sure to contact us at:
support@play-gom.com

metalcasket's comments:

Ghosts of Memories

Paplus International Sp. z o.o.
Genres: Games Adventure Puzzle
$3.79 NZD

Quote:
Ghosts of Memories is an adventure puzzle game located in 4 stunningly beautiful worlds.

In Ghosts of Memories you will travel across the lands of ancient civilizations, full of undiscovered paths and mysterious puzzles based on tricky tiles.

Help a lone traveller to free a woman trapped in a crystal. Use a mysterious sceptre that releases untold powers to solve puzzles. Experience a variety of breathtaking landscapes. This adventure will reveal much more than you expected at the beginning of your journey

ENJOY:

- Stunning graphics - 2.5-D isometric perspective that combines the details of 2-D artwork with many functionalities of a 3-D environment.

- Unique sound effects - the background music was composed specifically for Ghosts of Memories, and creates an atmosphere as you find your way to your destination by overcoming a series of puzzles. Use headphones to get the best experience.

- Gameplay experience - Carefully designed gameplay will provide you with challenging and demanding experiences, full of unexpected solutions.

* Ghosts of Memories is designed for iPad 3, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5 and above.
** 1024 MB RAM on your device is required

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 168.2MB

10-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Wow, love the art style. Any impressions?

@metalcasket- Were you as blown away by Book of Souls as I was? I can't believe that they are still producing music of that caliber. It's one of the most inspired records that I have heard in a long, long time.

Last edited by Grimstone82; 10-15-2015 at 07:37 PM.

10-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Thought this was going to be out yesterday. I played the beta, which was 6 of the 15 levels, I believe. I made a gameplay video, but not sure if what I played changed at all since:

10-16-2015, 01:02 AM
This is pretty awesome, but it seriously makes me feel stupid. I don't know if there's something I'm not getting or its just not clear what you're supposed to be doing. I'm gonna have to watch the 2 videos above. Thanks guys.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-16-2015, 02:54 AM
Yeah, turns out I'm just an idiot. REALLY enjoying this. While it may look like it has quite a bit in common with Monument Valley, it's a completely different game. It's also not like Magic Flute (in that it's not a block sliding game, even though you are essentially sliding platforms around to get places). I'm on the 5th level now and the difficulty is definitely harder than what MV offered. No IAPs of course, 15 puzzles, just 178 MB installed. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
@metalcasket- Were you as blown away by Book of Souls as I was? I can't believe that they are still producing music of that caliber. It's one of the most inspired records that I have heard in a long, long time.
Haha, not to go off-topic, but man, oh man...I know some people think it runs a little on the longer side of the spectrum, but I loved every second of Book of Souls.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 10-16-2015 at 02:59 AM.
10-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yeah, turns out I'm just an idiot. REALLY enjoying this. While it may look like it has quite a bit in common with Monument Valley, it's a completely different game. It's also not like Magic Flute (in that it's not a block sliding game, even though you are essentially sliding platforms around to get places). I'm on the 5th level now and the difficulty is definitely harder than what MV offered. No IAPs of course, 15 puzzles, just 178 MB installed. Highly recommended.
You're not finding it a bit tedious? I like the look of it, but from what I played, I didn't feel any magic like with MV. It didn't make me feel like I *need* to play the rest of the game. Did they add a story, maybe?
10-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
You're not finding it a bit tedious? I like the look of it, but from what I played, I didn't feel any magic like with MV. It didn't make me feel like I *need* to play the rest of the game. Did they add a story, maybe?
Oh, I certainly don't feel like this captures the same feel Monument Valley did, but I don't think it's tedious just yet. Whether that happens later on remains to be seen, but I'm enjoying the more complicated puzzles and the backtracking between the various scenes in each level.

10-16-2015, 08:46 AM

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

10-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Just bought and played to level 6 (I think?). The game certainly looks nice with great color scheme and aesthetics, but the gameplay is a little dull. I don't like the fact there is no indicator of how far a block can slide until you try it.
Will definitely play it through to the end, but not sure if this will really stand out to me.
10-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Just bought and played to level 6 (I think?). The game certainly looks nice with great color scheme and aesthetics, but the gameplay is a little dull. I don't like the fact there is no indicator of how far a block can slide until you try it.
Will definitely play it through to the end, but not sure if this will really stand out to me.
Yeah, that was my impression and why I haven't bought it yet. You can't really look at it and plan out your moves. You have to try it and see what happens, so lots of backtracking. The character also moves really slowly. One of the things I liked about MV was that Ida scurries quickly, so if you make a mistake it's no big deal. But this game takes too long to fix any mistakes.

I was hoping maybe they changed things up a bit for the full game, but doesn't sound like it?