★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Begin your 100 days RPG project with the cutest witch in the world.
Its a classic RPG with no distractions. No in-app purchase or advertisements.

Choose her fate. Focus just on her training and make her the most powerful witch in the universe or follow through her whole story and make her the lord of the humans.

Train and rest at her home, mix spell ingredients and compose a powerful magic!
Wonder the universe, battle against the warriors and find spell ingredients!
Protect her at all costs against the warriors!

Homepage : www.kiwiwalks.com
10-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Looks fun! Has somebody tried this yet?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

10-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Looks fun! Has somebody tried this yet?
I have. Not disappointed, but I'll try to write more about it later today.
10-18-2015, 11:54 AM
This is a Korean preview/Let's Play, but it should give anyone a decent idea of the gameplay,

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
10-18-2015, 06:04 PM
This game actually looks really promising. I might have to grab this later. Hopefully the impressions are good!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
10-19-2015, 05:46 AM
Just bought it and checking it out, too.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-19-2015, 06:32 AM
Looks very interesting...
10-19-2015, 06:45 AM
Looks like this is a game in the vein of "Long Live The Queen" or "Princess Maker". Nice, because we miss that so far on iOS. Tho it plays a bit more like an action-adventure. The translation is questionable, the graphics and animations look really great. The game has a nice anime style and kind of JRPG-battles, turn-based. Checking out more of it now. Btw., the witch you're playing is drop-dead cute and cheeky, as well as a bit overconfident. There's so much to do in the game and it seems to have a ton of content. Brew your magic, explore the world, get pets (and mounts) and train them, collect ressources, go dungeoneering in caves, fight nasty enemies...

Last edited by Vovin; 10-19-2015 at 07:01 AM.
10-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Looks like this is a game in the vein of "Long Live The Queen" or "Princess Maker". Nice, because we miss that so far on iOS. Tho it plays a bit more like an action-adventure. The translation is questionable, the graphics and animations look really great. The game has a nice anime style and kind of JRPG-battles, turn-based. Checking out more of it now. Btw., the witch you're playing is drop-dead cute and cheeky, as well as a bit overconfident. There's so much to do in the game and it seems to have a ton of content. Brew your magic, explore the world, get pets (and mounts) and train them, collect ressources, go dungeoneering in caves, fight nasty enemies...
I'm sorry I couldn't post something earlier -- life got in the way. I'm in full agreement with Vovin: this is a polished and lighthearted take on the resource gathering/exploration RPG, with a bit of Pokemon thrown in for good measure. I haven't played the Atelier Rorona titles on the PS Vita, but from descriptions it sounds like Witch Spring is drawing inspiration there as well, especially for it's 100 days time limit mechanic.

In fact, that time limit strikes me as the most interesting aspect of the game. In Witch Spring, time is your most precious commodity, and it's what you choose to do with that time that defines what kind of gameplay experience you will encounter. You can spend your time training, exploring, crafting, recovering, resource gathering, etc. Once you use your time, it's gone, just like in real life .

Oh, and Vovin is also right about the translation.
10-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I'm sorry I couldn't post something earlier -- life got in the way. I'm in full agreement with Vovin: this is a polished and lighthearted take on the resource gathering/exploration RPG, with a bit of Pokemon thrown in for good measure. I haven't played the Atelier Rorona titles on the PS Vita, but from descriptions it sounds like Witch Spring is drawing inspiration there as well, especially for it's 100 days time limit mechanic.

In fact, that time limit strikes me as the most interesting aspect of the game. In Witch Spring, time is your most precious commodity, and it's what you choose to do with that time that defines what kind of gameplay experience you will encounter. You can spend your time training, exploring, crafting, recovering, resource gathering, etc. Once you use your time, it's gone, just like in real life .

Oh, and Vovin is also right about the translation.

Thanks for adding your impressions!
Generally, I can recommend this game because it is tons of fun, has several endings and I guess some replay value, depending on the choices you make every time playing through it. The game is really polished, as square said - the only problem I see right now is the translation. It's always understandable, just the word order looks funny some times and you know when a word is not correctly translated. Funny enough, this doesn't keep me away from enjoying the game.
The time factor of having 100 days is also not a problem, because you can always do a lot of actions per day, depending on how time consuming the actions are, but it's not like the 100 days are over in two hours playing time - it's a lot more time. Even the story is fun and the quirky witch grows to your heart very quick, if you like those characters.
You also have multiple save game slots (The Diary) and I've experienced no bugs or crashes so far.
There are character stats and lots of different equipment, so the RPG aspect is rather big. The game also has a ton of humour, lots of funny in-game cut scenes (as in: "typical anime humour", but not bad).

Except if you're a grammar freak, I see no reason not to say: go for it.
This is one of the most refreshing new games on iOS lately.
Last but not least, the best:
it dropped a buck today (intro sale?), and you own the complete game with a single purchase. I happily supported the Korean devs. And if I looked right, this whole game was made by just two people.

Last edited by Vovin; 10-19-2015 at 01:40 PM.