★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Which 2 Titles?

12-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Which 2 Titles?

Hi

With Christmas coming pu, I'm expecting to get some Christmas Money, followed by a long car trip, so I'm going to buy 2 new games for the journey.

Please tell me whoch two of the following you recommend and why...

Rolando
HoS
BIA
Katamri

Thanks for all your help.
12-22-2008, 07:25 AM
K - I'll tell you why ad such -

ROLANDO - Get this game without hesitation, as it is the best game on the iPhone to date, by a mile. Lovely graphics and audio are the tip of the iceberg, with cool levels and puzzles, good use of the accelerometre and touch screen and a surprising amount of replay value, this is the ideal agme for anyone.

-------------------------

Next - it more of depends on your taste for what other games to get.

Stepping away from the ones you mentioned, I have a cheap classic to tell you about.

SNAIL MAIL - Yes, I'm going on about it again, but for an extremely cheap price, you get a fun racer of sorts that has perfect controls. If you can fit it in your purchasing spree, definately a yes.

About the others, I have only played one of them:

HERO OF SPARTA - If you like action, you'll like this! It is a fun game with surprising longetivy.

i Love Katamari, if it is the same of the console versions, will be a must have, I think, but make sure you read other people's reviews on the NEW version. With its update it is meant to be fluid and good. If you have the money (I don't, lawl) go ahead, I guess, but get rOLANDO and Snail Mail first.

Brothers In Arms is a good game, but definately get HoS and Rolando first.

If you're looking for 1 Mainstream Fun and 1 Action, go Rolando and HoS. If you want any mixture, I'd go Rolando, then HoS/Katamari depending on personal taste, and if you can, try to fit in Snail Mail as well.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3

12-22-2008, 07:44 AM
I saw snail mail reviews, looks good, but is it hard?
12-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
It's good. But for me it's a little bit too hard.

Favourites: NfS, HoS, BIA, Real Racing, Knights Onrush, iDracula, X2 Football, F.A.S.T., Defender Chronicles, Sentinel 2, iBomber, Pocket God, Trism, Flight Control, Harbor Master, Sea Captain
12-22-2008, 07:47 AM
My pick would be Rolando and Sparta.
Rolando is just fun and perfect, you can find almost no flaw in the running of the game, smooth, easy on the eyes, just perfect.

Sparta is a bit rough on the edges, you can find some slowdowns here and there, but if you want to show off to your friends, this game brings in the wow factor more than BIA.
Quite fun too.
12-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
When you get used to the whole concept, you'll find it fun. The controls are easy to get used to, and although some of the features are hard at first, after 2 tries you'll be used to it, and any failings will be by your fault and it'll make you try again.

It is worth it, definately. When you've played with it for 5/10 minutes it has a perfect level of difficulty. And for the price which is undeniably cheaper than many other games of the genre you ahev to buy it.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Snail Mail is, without a doubt, one of the best-valued games in the App Store. The campaign mode gets tough eventually, but there is a lot of fun to be had with that little snail. And don't forget: Challenge mode allows you to race on randomly-generated tracks! It's great.

Of the titles you've provided, Sammy, Rolando is head and shoulders above the rest. Not that the others are bad games, but Rolando is an experience that absolutely must be had for people with an iP/iPT.
12-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Another vote for Snail Mail. I played it quite a bit, and it took me almost a week to get to level 50. That's the final level, and the only one I wasn't able to finish. So it was difficult, but - except for the last level - nothing I couldn't solve in the end.

Edit - and I recommend Rolando as wel. Don't have HoS, BiA or Katamari so can't comment on those.

Stefan
12-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah, Snail Mail can get really hard at the last few levels, but that's a good thing, right? I've got to Lv.50, but it took me a lot of losses, but it's so addictive you go straight back to it.

I think a Rolando + Snail Mail combo is brilliant (they were both my first apps, and probably my best, well, Rolando is better than SM but SM is probably 2nd best) and HoS is very good if you really want to spend $9.99 on something.

12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Another vote for Rolando it's such a great game. A must buy haven't tried any of the others though. But I'm tempted to buy snail mail