★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Sprint, jump, slide, turn, and even fly through the most exciting runner game on the App Store. Sprint into a high-speed adventure with legendary heroes on a quest to save Asgard. Use speedy reflexes to avoid hazards and grab power-ups. Time your attacks against mythological foes in high-speed running battles. Jump, slide, turn, and even fly over the stunning fantasy landscape in your quest to stand proud among the gods of Asgard!

- Choose your hero from a roster of fantastic champions.
- Equip an array of weapons and armor offering special abilities and bonuses!
- The uniquely rotating world is as dangerous as it is stunningly beautiful!
- Simple but rewarding controls. Swipe to jump, slide, rotate, battle and even fly you decide how to advance.
- Unlock new characters and elite weapons to unleash your wrath upon the enemies of Asgard.
- Defeat enemies including powerful warlocks, skeleton warriors and exploding zombies!
- Escape hazards such as traps, ruins, and even falling meteors!
- Invite your friends to join the fight against the hordes of Helheim and challenge them for fame and glory.

JohnnyCoghlan's comments:
We just announced Asgard Run, an action-packed high-speed endless runner set in mythological times! Everyone we have shown this to (cough including first-parties cough) are very excited with this game and we hope you are too!

The soft-launch version is now available in Canada (CA App Store link) and the full version will launch globally on Nov 12. The brand new trailer is below - take a look, let us know what you think and please 'Like' the Facebook page to be updated with release info. Thanks for the support all!

Asgard Run

Ayopa Games LLC
Genres: Games Entertainment Racing Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
The most exciting running game on the App Store!

Sprint into a high-speed adventure with your chosen hero on a quest to save Asgard! Use speedy reflexes to avoid hazards and grab awesome power-ups. Time epic attacks against gruesome mythological foes in high-speed running battles. Jump, slide, turn, and even fly across the stunning fantasy landscape in your quest to stand proud among the gods of Asgard!

- Choose your hero from a roster of fantastic champions.
- Equip an array of weapons and armor offering special abilities and bonuses!
- The uniquely rotating world is as dangerous as it is stunningly beautiful!
- Simple but rewarding controls. Swipe to jump, slide, rotate, battle and even fly you decide how to advance.
- Unlock new characters and elite weapons to unleash your wrath upon the enemies of Asgard.
- Defeat enemies including powerful warlocks, skeleton warriors and exploding zombies!
- Escape hazards such as traps, ruins, and even falling meteors!
- Discover secret locations containing invaluable rewards and upgrades!
- Invite your friends to join the fight against the hordes of Helheim and challenge them for fame and glory.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 113.7MB

10-21-2015, 08:08 AM
I LOVE Ayopa! 😍😍😍
Happily trying this instantly.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

10-21-2015, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I LOVE Ayopa! 😍😍😍
Awesome, thanks!!!
10-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I LOVE Ayopa! ������
Same here! Instadownloading this too

I've also been waiting for an Unpossible-ish game but with more character, and this looks to be it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-21-2015, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Same here! Instadownloading this too

I've also been waiting for an Unpossible-ish game but with more character, and this looks to be it.
Multiple upgradable characters, combat with dynamic enemies, control over rotating environment, mythological setting - there's a lot of character, for sure!
10-21-2015, 08:37 AM
Looks pretty cool. Downloading it now.
10-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Looks pretty cool. Downloading it now.
Nice! There's a lot more content and improvement going into the final global launch version that's launching on Nov 12, but this soft-launch version in Canada gives you a good indication of what the game's about!
10-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Hi guys, I'm working with the development them of Asgard Run helping them on Marketing. Thank you for the kind words. We hope you'll have fun with the game, we certainly had our share .
10-21-2015, 01:03 PM
I cannot believe you are making me wait until November to play this game!

Why can't you Guys soft launch in the USA. Lol
10-21-2015, 03:42 PM
Im loving it. Really enjoying it. The single currency, the visuals, the rate of earning gems as a freemium title, and most of all the unique mechanics.

It does have it's flaws though, and since it is in open beta/soft launch already i think i can just point them out here.

First off, the tilt sequences. It's pretty inaccurate i think. I dislike tilt in general, but i am confident in saying that the tilt here is really off. My suggestion is to either tweak the tilt controls, maybe add a bigger hitbox for gathering the gems, or remove the tilt and replace it with "tap left or right to fly in that direction" instead. The tilt can be unnecessary and could be replaced with something that provides a more accurate control.

Second, some enemies charging at you cant be seen until they are too close. This only happens when you are surrounded by obstacles, and when you are in an awkward curving path that obscures the view further ahead. Also, even if you have a clear line of sight ahead of you, you can see the enemies popping in too close. Maybe have their spawn area farther from your location.

Third, i think the game needs a doubler to give it a premium feel. Purchasing a doubler should also remove the ads. The ads are pretty rare so far though. Does purchasing any other IAP remove the ads as well?

Fourth. This im not sure coz i havent tried, but please have a limit to the number of revives. This will keep the leaderboards balanced, and still allow for more incentive for those willing to pay money for extra gems for reviving.

I will keep on playing this game as it does scratch the runner itch well, but im hoping some or all of the points i raised will be considered. Thanks!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword