★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Zombie Match Defense is a Match-3/Lane Defense game. Yes, that's a really weird mash-up of two very popular genres that don't seem like they would work together. This game is actually the result of a bet to do just that, but that's a story for another time. The point is, they DO work well together. Scroll down to see the award(s) we've won and read some quotes from websites you've heard of!

KEY FEATURES:

- New tactics on top of familiar match-3 gameplay. Stop the zombie progress by matching the brain they're munching on.

- All the action takes place in the match field, no filling mana bars or missing action happening elsewhere.

- No time pressure, play at your own pace. The encroaching horde of zombies is very polite and only moves after you do. Take time and think tactically.

- Deploy bonus items to your team so they can stave off any zombies you couldn't remove by matching.

- It's really silly. One of the items is a frozen drink that gives the zombies brainfreeze.

- For less than the price of some lives in another game, you can own this one and play it forever! No additional IAP.

- It's got zombies! Zombies aren't played out yet, are they? Right? Guys? Crap.

AWARD(S):

***WINNER*** - Pocket Gamer's Very Big Indie Pitch (San Francisco, 2015)

***RUNNER-UP*** - My mom's favorite game (She really likes solitaire)

QUOTES FROM PREVIEWS:

"The idea of making 'Plants vs. Zombies with match-3' is so clever I can't believe nobody has done it before." - TouchArcade

"Zombie Match Defense is a Match-3 Game Thats (Wait for it) Legitimately Interesting"
- 148Apps

"Zombie Match Defense a fun, bright, enjoyable game already, with a quirky visual humor." - Cult Of Mac

shovelware's comments:

zombie match defense

shovelware games
Genres: Games Puzzle Strategy
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$2.59 NZD

Quote:
Zombie Match Defense is a Match-3/Lane Defense game. Yes, that's a really weird mash-up of two very popular genres that don't seem like they would work together. This game is actually the result of a bet to do just that, but that's a story for another time. The point is, they DO work well together. Scroll down to see the award(s) we've won and read some quotes from websites you've heard of!

KEY FEATURES:

- New tactics on top of familiar match-3 gameplay. Stop the zombie progress by matching the brain they're munching on.

- All the action takes place in the match field, no filling mana bars or missing action happening elsewhere.

- No time pressure, play at your own pace. The encroaching horde of zombies is very polite and only moves after you do. Take time and think tactically.

- Deploy bonus items to your team so they can stave off any zombies you couldn't remove by matching.

- It's really silly. One of the items is a frozen drink that gives the zombies brainfreeze.

- For less than the price of some lives in another game, you can own this one and play it forever! No additional IAP.

- It's got zombies! Zombies aren't played out yet, are they? Right? Guys? Crap.

AWARD(S):

***WINNER*** - Pocket Gamer's Very Big Indie Pitch (San Francisco, 2015)

***RUNNER-UP*** - My mom's favorite game (She really likes solitaire)

QUOTES FROM PREVIEWS:

"The idea of making 'Plants vs. Zombies with match-3' is so clever I can't believe nobody has done it before." - TouchArcade

"Zombie Match Defense is a Match-3 Game Thats (Wait for it) Legitimately Interesting"
- 148Apps

"Zombie Match Defense a fun, bright, enjoyable game already, with a quirky visual humor." - Cult Of Mac

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 79.5MB

10-21-2015, 09:11 AM
YES! Damn got to wait another 13 hours

10-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Wanna play this now
10-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Can't wait to have some people to compete against. This game is so good. Got a review/guide up for those on the fence. Also, some video of my second-highest score in endless mode.

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/10/...through-guide/

10-21-2015, 10:16 AM
I snagged a promo code for this yesterday and I've already put in close to 3 hours. It's a wonderfully done match-3 game, very little (if anything) to find fault with here.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
10-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Umm... Why does the title all in lowercase letters? This'd make me pull my hair out if this is what i'll see on the icon on my ipad/iphone. :P

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-21-2015, 10:21 AM
This looks very nice.
Can i play this only in landscape mode?
10-21-2015, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Umm... Why does the title all in lowercase letters? This'd make me pull my hair out if this is what i'll see on the icon on my ipad/iphone. :P
Can I suggest a therapist? :P
10-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Official Trailer:

Quote:
** More games, apps, previews and deals at AppLast
10-21-2015, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Can I suggest a therapist? :P
I think EP's alright...unless I need a therapist too.

Yeah, that title needs fixing ASAP.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"