★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chad Towns
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** WARNING the app is not yet compatible with iOS8. We are working on an update and will released it as soon as possible.

You are the Kingdom's last hope to survive the siege of evil pirate marauders. Take aim with your array of cannons and defend your land. Expand your kingdom to new shores and blast the enemy to the briny deep!

Cannon Siege is a retro style castle defense game combining action, strategy and puzzle elements with a mixture of turn-based and real-time gameplay.

Builds armories and towers then defend yourself by shooting the attacking ships and repairing damaged units. Connecting the armories and towers are roads made up of small sections. Towers connected to an armory will be activated for firing. Gold is earned by destroying ships which can then be used to purchase upgrades or special weapons.

Version 1.1 features:
-10 Campaign Stages
-Survival Mode
-Tutorial
-Auto Save
-Profiles

Email us with your suggestions!
Support email: iphoneglobs@gmail.com
09-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Looks like a little like a Rampart clone to me, not that, that's a bad thing. I remember playing a ton of that on my NES before I let a friend borrow it and never saw it again

09-28-2009, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic8er View Post
Looks like a little like a Rampart clone to me, not that, that's a bad thing.

I was about to post the same thing.

I am going to have to giver this a try. I am not even going to wait for a sale.

Michael
09-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Picking it up as well... I just hope it's as good as Rampart -- one of favorite arcade and console games...

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
09-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Chad Towns made Globs and Pocket Kite, two games I've enjoyed before. Ista-buy for me.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
09-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Here's a some quick thoughts on the game... First off, it's not quite Rampart, but there are a few things in there that will make you think of the game.

You start out by buying and placing your armory and towers. Then you connect them with roads... this make the game a little more like Catan than Rampart, but it works well for the game. Then you have to defend your castle against enemy ships.

The controls are all pretty easy... though I hated the "inverted" controls. You place everything simply by moving it around on the screen and the roads all come in as random "Tetris" like pieces that you can rotate and place as needed. The firing all comes from moving the crosshairs where you want them and then hitting the cannon button (or specialty shot buttons once you buy some).

The ships move pretty fast at times so it takes a little work to lead them, but it makes sense after a short period.

After an attack round you get to repair or build up new towers and armories and then you patch up the roads... which is important because your towers can't fire if they are not attached to an armory.

You've got a Conquer and Survival mode to play and the sounds and graphics are all pretty good... just hated that inverted control...

All in all, not a bad little game so far. I'll have to spend some more time with it to get a better review going, but since there might be other "Rampart" fans out there who are curious, I thought I'd post a quick impression here.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
QuickWit's impressions are more or less spot on. I will say that that dragging the screen to aim the crosshairs needs some tightening up. I found the screen does not stay still, and in many cases, it will overcompensate which can be disorienting. In other cases, the scrolling isn't responsive so it won't scroll right away.

Otherwise, the game is good. The maps seem pretty varied. I just think the screen drag could be tightened up.
09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I loved Rampart as well but I didn't want to copy it exactly so I used roads instead of walls. hope you will forgive me. I am submitting an update tonight that will fix all the minor bugs/spelling mistakes , improve the UI, and it will have an option for Easy, Normal, and Hard.
Easy - will allow you to play without the need to place roads.
Normal - place roads off of any existing piece
Hard - is the current setting in version 1.0 where you can only place off the armories.

Video by Real Racing Fan:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by iPhoneGlobs; 10-19-2009 at 10:41 PM.
09-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
QuickWit's impressions are more or less spot on. I will say that that dragging the screen to aim the crosshairs needs some tightening up. I found the screen does not stay still, and in many cases, it will overcompensate which can be disorienting. In other cases, the scrolling isn't responsive so it won't scroll right away.

Otherwise, the game is good. The maps seem pretty varied. I just think the screen drag could be tightened up.
I meant for the scrolling to work like the maps app. Where it will continue to roll if you flick your finger and you can stop it by holding your finger still. I would keep your finger on the screen continuously if possible while placing units or doing precision aiming. Otherwise I can look into adding other control/aiming schemes or perhaps a sensitivity setting. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by iPhoneGlobs; 10-19-2009 at 09:24 PM.
09-28-2009, 09:21 PM
I plan on vastly improving Globs this winter but I have one more new game idea to finish before I start on that. I plan on making Globs more like Zombieville but with multiple levels and end bosses. But I am glad you enjoyed it in its current state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
Chad Towns made Globs and Pocket Kite, two games I've enjoyed before. Ista-buy for me.